Murthur

Hello my dear Reader! I hope you enjoy this new series, and I hope you have a great day <33

***********************************************************************************************

Through the early bustle and hustle of Camelot, Merlin walked through his morning duties for Gaius.  Collecting ingredients, knocking on doors, checking over patients, Merlin finally finished. Surprisingly, on time to go wake up Arthur.

Oh Arthur...

There was nothing that Merlin had to say about Arthur that he hadn't already said. He's a pompous, arrogant, clot-pole, who just happens to have fabulous hair. And eyes. Oh his eyes.

Merlin swears he could stare into them for hours upon hours, and never once get bored. (Which he has during some of the Council Meetings. They can get seriously dull.)

Putting all of the supplies Gaius needed into the stores, he made his way cheerfully up to the King's room. Waving hello to the guards as he passed them, Merlin thudded the door open and closed. Moving over to the curtains, he rang out a greeting the King normally doesn't enjoy, "Let's have you lazy daisy!"

He ducked with just enough time to avoid a pillow being thrown in his direction. "Well it is time to get up, not my fault you wanted a change up in the greeting."

"Well yes but did it have to be that?"

"Yes." Merlin looked at Arthur with a smile. Making his way over, Merlin summoned a breakfast for him, and set him up, wanting to go over what he had to do that day.

Running through the never-ending list, Arthur let out a groan in the middle of a bite.

"Are you quite serious that I need to do that many things? Seems a bit excessive," Merlin simply nodded. "Great."

"Ah, almost forgot, I won't be with you for much of it. You'll be in meetings for most of the day, and Gaius will be needing me to get him different supplies today. There was a small out-break, nothing to worry about, but it will require my help. I just came to help you get ready this morning, and I'll be here for you tonight."

Arthur looked completely dejected. "You're meaning to tell me I need to make it on my own?"

"You're the King, you can handle it."

"Not without you, never without you." Arthur muttered too low for Merlin to hear.

"Sorry?"

"Oh nothing, I'll see you tonight." Arthur tried to hide the disappointment in his voice.

"Yes well, I'm not leaving you yet, you aren't dressed, your hair is crazy, and your bed's not made. We have a few things to do yet."

Merlin made his way over, and got rid of the plate. Moving over to get the King up, he ran through their regular motions. Picking out his clothes, making them run smooth with his hands, and coming through his hair. Justifying his lingering touches with "you have a knot right there," and "let me smooth out this bump."

Merlin was just as happy with leaving Arthur today, as Arthur was about not seeing him. Right as he was about to leave, the King spoke up.

"I'll see you tonight?"

"Always."

***********************************************************************************************

This was my first fic in a while, so sorry if I seem a bit rusty, but I hope you guys liked it!