The Disappearance

Jimin was a hunter

Jimin was a hunter. Always had been, always would be. He killed his first vampire at 8, burned ghosts, and exorcised demons for even longer. Jimin liked it, found joy in saving people and killing monsters. Like most hunters, Jimin's family had lost someone when they got into hunting. His brother was killed by a vampire while camping before he was even born. Monsters killed without reason, so his parents swore to fight without rest until they disappeared from the face of earth.

At 18, he separated from his parents to continue hunting by himself. He preferred being by himself. Liked the solitude and freedom that came with it. The constant presence of his parents had been suffocating at times, constantly criticizing his hunting style. They also disapproved of his way of living and thought he was drinking too much alcohol and sleeping around. Living by himself helped, and even if his parents wouldn't ever admit it, he was one of the best hunters out there.

Seven years later, that hadn't changed.

Like most hunters, he lacked friends or a partner, which never bothered him. He talked to his parents every few months, which was more than enough for him. He only ever spent time with people when they were fucking. The hookups were quick and dirty in sketchy motels or in his car. Jimin liked it that way. After all, it was what he knew. Growing up as a hunter meant always being on the move. There had never been time for Jimin to form connections with kids his age.

"You're still with me, boy?" The rough voice of his latest hookup asked from behind him as he slowly pulled out of Jimin. "'Course," he grunted back. They were both panting, but as soon as the significantly older male had pulled his now flaccid cock out of him, Jimin was out of bed and getting dressed again. The sex had been okay, his partner attractive enough to let loose for a few moments.

His clothes were scattered around the room, but he quickly got into them, ignoring the burning gaze of the man whose name he had forgotten already. Jimin knew he was pretty, used it to his advantage on various occasions, but right now, it bothered him. He didn't enjoy the lust still radiating from the other male.

"Anyone ever told you what a great ass you have?" The man asked while lighting himself a cigarette. He was still laying in bed, not a tad bit uncomfortable, his body practically boneless from the post-orgasmic bliss. Jimin could only roll his eyes at the question. If he'd got a dollar for every time, someone asked him that he'd be a rich man by now.

With a sigh, he answered, "I think you know the answer to that," still focused on getting dressed as quickly as possible.

While Jimin enjoyed sex, he certainly didn't appreciate what followed. His hookups always seemed to expect something from him after they were done. Would ask for his number, a second round, or for him to stay the night. Jimin never said yes, never would say yes because spending more than a few hours with others made his lungs feel like restricting his heart beating fast in panic.

As soon as both his pants and shoes were on, Jimin walked over to the door. "I'll get going then, bye," he said while pulling on his shirt. Without another glance, he fled to his car, and a few minutes later, he was on the road again. Driving brought him comfort, left room for his thoughts as cities passed in a blurry mess. While he regretted not taking a shower before driving off, he still enjoyed being back where he belonged.