I Really Wanna Stay at Your House: Maki Zen'in Oneshot

When class wasn't in session, Maki often found herself wandering the halls of the Technical College, aimlessly walking with her hands stuffed in her pockets, polearm stuffed in the fold of her arm.

She, in all honesty, does not remember why she started doing this regularly. Back when she was a first-year, there was that one time she found herself wandering into the classroom on the eve of that fateful attack led by Suguru Geto, but for her, that feels like a lifetime ago. Mostly because she hasn't seen Yuta in forever, but, regardless, she feels as though she had grown up so quickly.

Aside from her strength, speed, endurance, that whole thing, her cursed tools at her disposal has grown as well, as she continues to develop the skills necessary in controlling them. She could not see curses, her cursed energy output was pathetic, and she was still seen as nothing more than a Grade 4 shlub by those she wanted to stick it to the most, her Zen'in family members.

All her life, she had been seen as nothing but a failure. A technique-less waste of air who would amount to nothing, who effectively was nothing. In a world where techniques and power trump and are valued above all, someone who could barely see curses coming from a prestigious family sitting atop the fodder was not only inexcusable, it was unsightly. She was outcast from the very start.

She shook her head, getting lost in her own driveling thoughts was pointless.

Someone slid the door open two rooms ahead of her and stepped out, turning towards her.

"Ah, Maki-san. Hey."

The girl raised her hand, walking up to Suoh.

"Hey."

"Whatcha doin out here by the men's dorms?" The redhead asked, tilting their head.

"I just started taking a walk since I got bored."

The closer she walked towards Suoh, the more she found herself looking upwards, something she found a little bit of irritability from.

He's too tall...

"Well, in any case, wanna go get some tea from the vending machine down that way?" Suoh said, pointing behind him with his thumb, "My treat, if you want."

Maki shrugged, "Yeah, why not. Right behind ya."

She soon found herself dragging her feet as Suoh walked on.

Everything about him was slightly irritable, but, at the same time, none of it was. It was confusing to be around him, simply put. The way everyone seemed to be pulled towards him and take to him without any issues at all was off-putting, especially his big-brother relationship with Yuji. God, it was like watching two little kids running amok once their child leashes were taken off. Megumi held a similar sentiment as her, though, he hadn't the energy to reel in them both. Panda and Inumaki loved Suoh to death, those three got along amazingly well.

The one she was put off by the most, however, was how fussy Nobara got when it came to Suoh.

Nobara was the only one out of the students who actively spoke about their desire for a relationship, and by god, being the only other girl on campus meant she had to push through some awful conversations about boys.

Going into Tokyo to go shopping always ends up with nothing but uggos trying to hit on me, Maki-san! It's so annoying that I can't find anyone that's my type whatsoever!

She has had to restrain herself from slamming her head against the wall several times so far.

However, that all changed when Suoh came into the picture, and definitely not in a good way.