love can be sung beautifully (basil x raymond)

AN: just a one-shot based off of their matching costumes in murder island community version!! please play the game and join the discord if you haven't;;

The party has just started, and there's already a buzz going around. The grand opera tenor is supposed to make an appearance tonight, but nobody knows who he exactly is. That is, except for one person; a special guest that was invited on behalf of the host. With a glass of wine in one hand and a cigarette in the other, they await the tenor's arrival.

Surely nobody would notice the body under the aristocrat's table, right? Even they get peckish from time to time.

At last, the tenor makes his grand appearance. The audience and the critics in the crowd alike are in awe. He starts the first song of the night. A song about the yearning for his love. The thought about having his love in his embrace again. Everyone is enchanted by his brilliant voice. Although, the special guest knows more about the tenor than the others do.

The tenor spots the guest at their table, sipping their wine and looking off into the distance. A feeling of familiarity strikes him. His heart pounds with excitement. Could it be the love he lost so long ago? He was determined to find out more about this special guest. He wants to talk to them, to get closer to them. He knows there's something about this guest that makes him feel lovesick.

After the performance, and after pushing past everyone, he finally has the chance. There was a distinct smell of smoke, alcohol, and… copper? Shouldn't be anything to worry about, he thought. He finally speaks up.

"Hello there. Are you this so-called special guest endorsed by the host?"

The guest let out a chuckle. They put their glass down and turned to the tenor. "Who do you think I am, dear?" The tenor couldn't usher out a response. He couldn't put his tongue on it. "Cat got your tongue? You're just as I knew you as always." They lightly laughed. The guest reached out to the tenor's hand. Their skin felt as cold as ice, and their nails were a crimson red. Why were they so pale?

"It's such a lovely night. How about we take a stroll outside, hm?" This sounded too good for the tenor to believe. "Of course. Allow me." He took the guest's hand and went outside of the party. It was cold, yet beautiful. Dozens of stars glisten in the infinite night sky above them. They couldn't help but get closer to each other. Then, the tenor took off his mask.

"I knew it was you, Raymond. How long has it been?" The tenor was shocked. How did they know his name? The guest then leaned in and closed the space between them. They tasted like tobacco and wine, but it was a taste the tenor was all too familiar with. He felt a soft bite on his lip. The guest licked their lips. "You really are him. I'm so glad I finally got to see you again. Feel free to come by to my mansion at any time." The guest handed the tenor a slip of paper, containing the address to the mansion.

"It is getting awfully late, meaning that I must get going. So long, dear." And just like that, they were gone in an instant. The tenor stood there, stunned. Then, it hit him. It was them. Their lost love. The being he has been searching for. He must be in their life again. He will make sure their love lasts forever, and that they'll never be split apart again.