Ulan

Nasa pinto ng lock-in location nila si Jane. Lalabas sana siya kaya lang, umuulan bigla kaya napatigil siya sa may pinto at pinagmasdan na lang ang pagpatak ng ulan. May kalakasan ito pero hindi naman 'yung feeling mo mababagabag ka. 

Hey, Jane! biglang bati sa kanya ni Janella mula sa likod. Enjoying the rain?

Jane looks at Janella's direction and smiles at her. Medyo, sagot nitong nakangiti pa rin kay Janella sabay balik sa pagsandal sa gilid ng pintuan at pagtingin muli sa langit.

I have a better idea on how to enjoy it! 

Haharapin pa lang niya ulit si Janella para itanong ng kung paano pero bigla siyang hinila nito palabas, paalis sa may silong, habang tumatawa.

Jea! Sigaw ni Jane habang basang tumatakbo sa kalsadang may kadiliman na pero maliwanag ang daan dahil sa mga dilaw na poste ng ilaw. Loko ka talaga! sabay pagtawa nito habang hawak-hawak pa rin ni Janella ang kaliwang wrist niya, hila-hila pa rin ito habang dahang-dahang huminto sa pagtakbo.

O, di ba. It's more fun to enjoy the rain this way, sabi ni Janella habang nakatingin kay Jane. Basa ka nga lang, dugtong niya kasunod nang pag ngiti niya na may kasamang paglukot ng kaniyang ilong.

Well, ano pa nga ba. Manghila ka ba naman palabas, eh. Hindi mo naman kasi sinabing trip mo maligo sa ulan!

Syempre, para surprise! sagot ulit ni Janella. So saan tayo pupunta? Natatawang tanong naman ni Jane. Tatayo lang ba tayo rito, Jea?

Nilibot ni Janella ang tingin niya. Walang tao sa kalsada. May kalakasan ang ulan pero marahan ang bagsak ng bawat patak. Binaba niya ang tingin niya sa kamay niyang nakahawak sa kaliwang pulso ni Jane. Ngumiti ito and she once again looks at Jane's eyes. She lifts her arm and twirls Jane around as she says with full sincerity and softly, Dance with me.

As soon as she says the word "me", Jane is already right in front of her, smiling back at her. Jane leads the way this time. Nilagay niya ang pareho niyang braso sa mga balikat ni Janella, with hands locked around her nape, while the other girl places both of her hands on the shorter girl's waist. They are waltzing under the rain, with both heads bowed. The top of their heads are closer with each other, meeting at a distance. Giggling as if something is funny. While smiling, Jane looks up to meet Janella's eyes. Janella continued swaying Jane gently, giving her her softest smile.

None of them knows how long they have been staring and smiling at each other directly. It is only the sound of rain that you can hear when Jane says, without breaking the eye contact and all the smiling, without stuttering, Parang dapat maglayo tayo nang kaunti. Masyado tayong malapit sa isa't isa. Lalo pa siyang ngumiti kay Janella after finishing her sentence.

Bakit? Ayaw mo bang ganito tayo kalapit? Janella asks, without worry in her tone. Still smiling. As if there is no concern in whatever and wherever they are at the moment. She even pulled herself closer toward Jane.

Baka kasi may gawin akong hindi mo magustuhan, Jane says while her hands at Janella's nape unlocks a bit, her right hand's thumb and point finger suddenly touching the wet edges of the taller girl's collar.

Ano ba 'yung gusto mong gawin? Janella questions and Jane can feel how Janella's left thumb gently rubs her right waist. Malay mo, gusto ko rin 'yon.

Napangiti si Jane sa narinig niya. She bows her head a bit but she also quickly looks up to look at Janella. Baka kapag ginawa ko, magalit ka lang sa akin? Jane lifts her right hand from Janella's collar to touch the other girl's left cheek. With her thumb slowly grazing on it.

Janella closes her eyes as she feels Jane's palm. She leans to her left a bit to put a small pressure on Jane's hand and the corner of her lip ghosts the end of Jane's palm. After, Jane pulls her hand away to finally clip Janella's hair behind her ear.

Janella once again opens her eyes, they are still dancing slowly. Still smiling, she continues to look at Jane's eyes, urging her to answer her question. What do you want to do, Jane? Her eyes keep on asking.

Baka sa sobrang lapit natin sa isa't isa... Jane breathes deep. Too deep. She's still staring at those brown eyes and she purses her lips in, wetting them until they finally part like it was an instinct.

Janella patiently waits for her to finish her sentence, giving her the fondest smile. Baka mahalikan kita, Jea.

Not if I kiss you first, Jane, Janella smirks as she says those words, leaning forward, to capture Jane's lips. Jane tilts her head more, to finally meet Janella's lips.

It was as if the universe conspired for this to happen at this very moment. They are kissing, under the rain, at one side of a vacant road where only the light of the lamp post and the rain above them are the only witnesses.

Jane cups Janella's left cheek while Janella pulls her closer with her right arm rounding up on her upper back to left shoulder, with her other arm hugging her waist on the other side. Both of them are smiling between the kiss, as both of their lips brush against each others. Slowly, Jane's tongue takes entrance to Janella's parted lips which made the taller girl hug Jane tighter. Jane on the other hand gently pushes Janella's back toward the lamp post.

Jane breaks the kiss to kiss Janella's jaw and she comes back kissing her lips again. Janella smiles and softly giggles in between. She lets her forehead touch Jane's. With both of their eyes still closed, both of them trying to catch their breaths, Janella utters, I've been wanting to do that. She pauses, Jane is smiling. She holds Jane's chin, tilts it up, which opened Jane's eyes.

 Janella continues as she looks at eyes of the girl in front of her, For the longest time now.

Jane then lifts her head, tip toes a little, and gives Janella a soft peck on the forehead with her eyes closed. She once again looks at Janella and says while smiling, Me, too, giving Janella another soft and short kiss on the lips.

I don't own the characters. All mistakes on grammar, punctuations, are also mine.