one.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

⁺₊ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

107 A.C

THE FIRST RAYS OF SUNLIGHT CASCADING ALONG SYRRITH'S SCALES, EMPHASIZING THE BEAUTIFUL SHADE OF BRONZE ADORNING HIS TOWERING BODY WOULD FOREVER BE BAELA TARGARYEN'S FAVOURITE SIGHT TO BEHOLD. It was something so small and simple that many would overlook it in favour of the dragon's fearsome stature or the sheer power he wielded. Baela had always revelled in the beauty of dragons, they weren't just beasts used to secure House Targaryen's power, they were so much more.

Sitting upon the dirt outside the dragon pit, her back pressed against Syrrith's side, Baela sighed contently. Syrrith trilled, a sound akin to that of a cat's purr, as he craned his neck toward her, pressing the tip of his large snout gently against her chest. Running her fingers along his scales, Baela couldn't contain her smile when Syrrith's trills grew in volume.

"Good morrow, Princess," A call interrupted the dragon and his rider's moment of peace, the man's voice straining to be heard from the distance between him and the princess. The man, Ser Josian Elesham, stepped as close to the pair as he dared tread but even then he remained at a great distance, needing to shout to be heard. "I regret to inform you that the King has requested your presence...again."

Begrudgingly, Baela climbed to her feet and haphazardly brushed the dirt away that clung to the back of her skirt. Syrrith huffed, making his displeasure known and ultimately making the kingsguard take a humorously large step back. Brushing her fingers soothingly over Syrrith's snout once more, Baela bid the dragon away. "sōvēs."

With a single beat of his mighty wings, Syrrith took to the sky without hesitation.

"Every morning my brother sends for me and every morning he wishes to discuss the same," Baela huffed in mild annoyance but nevertheless took elegant strides to join Ser Josian's side. Taking the man's arm, holding gently to the crook of his elbow she allowed herself to be led away from the dragon pit and back toward the Red Keep. "One would think him capable of taking a hint by now surely. There are only so many regales of suitors' achievements and titles that one can sit through without losing their sanity."

"Sadly that is the way of things, Princess," The kingsguard nodded along. He pitied the princess, in his meagre year as a kingsguard he had come to understand that more than anything she wished to marry for love not just for duty. Unfortunately, though that wasn't the order of things and both he and the princess knew that, and Daemon's insistence that she should be able to marry whom she wished only went so far when the council persisted in pressuring Viserys in bargaining his sister's hand away for the sake of politics. "Perhaps there is still time for you to flee Kings Landing."

Baela laughed heartily at the man's words, drawing small smiles of adoration from those who passed them by in the castle halls. "Good Ser, are you petitioning me to abandon my responsibilities as sister of the king?"