Chapter x 13 [Book 1]

Gon woke up the next morning, his vision all hazy. He was lying on the couch, all tucked in.

"Goodmorning, sleepyhead," Killua taunted. "Comfortable enough for you?"

Gon didn't say anything, he just laughed instead.

"What time is it?" Gon asked his friend.

"About 10:00. You were completely knocked out," Killua told Gon.

Gon sat up straight and looked over at Killua, who was in the kitchen.

"Were you... here the whole night?" Gon questioned.

"Damn right. I didn't want to leave you here," Killua said.

Killua came over and gave Gon a glass of water, then sat down next to him.

"Thanks, Killua," Gon expressed his gratitude.

"Well, sure. That's what friends are for," Killua nodded, shrugging.

"Right," Gon said. "Friends."

The two boys sat in awkward silence.

"Well... I guess I'll stay here for the time being," Killua said. "No way I'm gonna let you train while you're sick. So I better be around to monitor you."

Gon smiled, happy his friend was concerned for him.

Gon rested for the next couple hours. Killua kept an eye on him, making sure he didn't overdo it.

-----

It was nighttime. Killua was out on the patio, sitting on a chair, next to some candles, while looking up at the stars.

Gon came outside, hoping to spend time with Killua.

"Killua?" Gon squeaked. "Is it okay if I come out here?"

"Sure," Killua responded.

Gon grabbed the second chair to Killua, and sat down.

The two boys looked up into the night sky. It was a beautiful sight.

"Killua... is it alright if I tell you something?" Gon asked, standing up.

"Oh, sure," Killua said. "Go for it."

"It's... something important..." Gon told the silver-haired boy.

Killua raised an eyebrow, then stood up with Gon.

"Listen, Killua... I've been thinking long and hard about the question you asked me the other night," Gon said. "And... I think I have an answer."

Killua looked into Gon's eyes. Even though he didn't want to hear Gon's answer, since he knew it wasn't him, he told himself that he needed to listen to this, for it was important to Gon.

"Well, then... who is it?" Killua asked, with a bitter tone.

"Killua..." Gon said. "After all this time... after everything we've been through... I think I've finally figured it out. The day we met... I knew we'd be good friends. And that's because we fit perfectly together. Like two puzzle pieces. We contrasted each other so well, like Yin and Yang. We attracted each other. And I think I figured out why I was always so happy to be with you. We attracted in ways that others didn't connect. And being with you, for so long... helped me realize the truth, Killua. And I really need you to know this, even if you're thinking for someone else..."

"I love you, Killua."

"Way more than friends."

Killua stared at Gon, their eyes meeting. Killua's whole face started glowing.

"Gon..." Killua whispered. "You... really mean it?" A smile spread across hid face, his cheeks crimson.

Gon looked down at the ground. "I know you like someone else, but—" Gon was interrupted.

Killua laid a finger over Gon's lips, quieting him down.

"No, Gon."

"That person I was talking about... I lied. It wasn't someone you didn't know."

"It was actually you."