Untitled Part 1

Once there was a kid named Max. He came from a poor family of five. His father is a field worker while his mom is a laundry woman. Unlike other children, Max wasn't able to enjoy his childhood. He's the second child in the family but based on their tradition since he's the first boy born in the family, he must take all the responsibilities to lift his family out of poverty. But this is something that he can't fulfill. Max got sick when he was a child which weaken his body hence he can only do light work. This makes his parents so mad. They believe that it's a disgrace to their family. They treated him unfairly. Max needs to work on the field early in the morning, then he must do all the chores and must finish it before 11:00 am. Once he's done, that's the only time that he can prepare for his afternoon class. His parents don't really want him to study because they strongly believe that he can't get any decent job due to his condition but he uses it to keep going. He doesn't have anything to buy a slice of bread because his mother doesn't give him any single cents to buy food. Max decided to work as a dishwasher at a nearby restaurant. The owner pays him $3.00 for working for 3 hours and a half each day. Though it's quite low, Max is still thankful because the owner believes that he can reach his goal. He even teaches him on his homework once the store is closed. Max is quite shy at first but he doesn't have a choice because his siblings don't want to help him. They can see him as a servant who needs to follow them. Max can't do anything. He just always prays that one day, his fate will change. Though he can't find love from his family, many people still envy his parents because they have a hardworking son like him and he's really trying hard to finish his study to fulfill his dream. Max is so happy and sad at the same time because other people around him can appreciate his efforts. It's something that he can't find in his own family. However, his mother always tells their neighborhood it would be best if Max will stop studying. She believes that even if he graduated, it won't change his life. He can't get any decent job. It would be best if he will just do a full-time job at the restaurant working so he can help with their expenses, especially on his sibling's education. It hurts him so much but nothing can stop him from reaching his dreams. His parents really work hard for his two siblings because they are studying at a well-known university in the nearby city while Max took Business Management at a public university. His parents sold everything that they have just to make sure his siblings can graduate. His sister became a registered nurse while his brother became a licensed engineer. Both of them are working in the nearby city. Max was able to fulfill his dream and manage his own small restaurant. His parents laugh at him because that's all he got. A few years later, his father got sick. When they went to the hospital where his sister is working, they found out that their parent has liver cancer. His father asked her sister to take care of him but his sister refused and said, "I never dream of becoming a nurse just to take care of you. I'll work here and will just send money. Hire someone who can.". Max knew that it broke his father's heart but they can't do anything about it. He knew his father. His pride matters more than anything else. Max thought that his sister will help them with his father's medical expenses but she didn't. He tried to contact his brother but he did the same thing. He can't give anything as he's still paying his car mortgage. Max doesn't want to lose hope, he worked hard. He thought that he can buy anything that he doesn't have when he was young but he still chooses his father. His mother regretted everything and asked for his forgiveness. Max never hates his parent. He hugged his mother and said, "My childhood might be as fun as my siblings but I know that you love me. You never say that you love me but whenever father hits me, you always asked him to stop. You may not support me financially but I know that you still care and look for me whenever I came home late at night. I'm always here to take care of you and father whatever happened.".