𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

After Lia finished explaining about how she knows about that book, a splash was heard

"Luffy fell into the sea!" Nami exclaimed

Usopp runs to save him, but stops when he saw a muscular, middle-aged man with blond hair. He has a large chestnut on his head.

"Who the hell are you!? You've got guts, relaxation at someone's house without permission!" The man said.

Lia immediately places her sword down and runs towards the sea to save Luffy.

Lia could see how Luffy is trying desperately not to breath.

Lia quickly grabs him, and swims upwards.

Once our heads reach above the water, Luffy gasps for air.

"Stop being so careless" Lia said in annoyance.

"But I thought..." he coughs "I saw bubbles in the water. So I looked closer and then a chestnut appeared, but it wasn't a chestnut it was a guy and he pulled me in"

"What's with him?" Luffy suddenly asked

Lia looks at the guy she saw earlier and shrugged "who knows, but he looks like he's in a lot of pain"

Chopper immediately saw this and ordered Zoro and Sanji to carry him inside the house.

"Bring more cold towels! And open the windows!" Chopper ordered

"What's a Caisson disease?" Zoro asked

"So this guy's really sick, huh?" Luffy said while opening the windows.

"Yeah, it's a sickness that sometimes affects divers. Though it's called a disease, it isn't actually chronic condition-" Chooper started to say.

"It's also called 'Decompression sickness" Lia announced while sitting on the floor with her back leaning against the wall

He looks at me "yeah, you're right! It's also called that" then he looks at the guy "Due to a lack of decompression when surfacing from the seabed, the nitrogen dissolved in the blood gets released quickly and forms gas bubbles in the circulatory system" Chooper explained "Since the gas bubbles expand inside and outside of blood vessels, they can cause damage to muscles and joints and decrease blood flow"

Luffy looks out the window "So it's a mystery disease. Can you help him?"

"I'm not sure, he probably kept dividing without giving his body time to recover, and now it's caught up with him. That's why he passed out during the fight" Chopper explained

"Why in the world did he do that?" Nami asked Chooper

"I don't know, but he was taking a risk" Chooper replied "In some cases, caisson disease can..."

"Kill him" I finished the sentence for him.

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━