emo(idk how to title)

(just trust me) IT STARTED AS A CRACK SHIP How HOW did it get to this-

The crew lurch forward as the starcutter lands. A mummer runs through the board.

After all, they were in an unfamiliar land.

Jess finally stands, Magolor follows.

She asks, "So, you say the Pink one sent for you?" Magolor nods, he nods,

"Yeah, anyway if you're worried Meta and De are already here.

"True, i'd still be on guard, though," Jess works up to the front window. "I have to say, this place is adorable." She notes, smiling.

Just beyond the window sat a small but bustling town. The civilians, the lost waddle dees, crowd around the Starcutter, curious.

The door opens to the ship, and Magolor, followed by the other halcandran and the sisters.

Once off, the two Halcandran's ears perk straight up. Magolor causing a tentish shape in his hood.

"Gods! What Is That?!" Jess hisses, crouching into her. Magolor exclaims shortly after, both setting shields.

A call comes from across the town.

"Poy yo!" Kirby. Followed by a small floating teal creature.

Kirby comes bounding to Magolor, throwing the small mage into a hug.

"Kirby? Who are they?" The creature asks.

The pink haired boy turns to the creature briefly, quietly explaining.

It nods, coming closer to the group.

As if the mere presence of the creature, the Halcandran shields breakdown, falling into dead magic flakes. Jess lights up in shock, before grasping her head again, shielding herself.

Jess eventually steps back, eventually calming back down.

Magolor pipes up, still clearly uncomfortable, "It's Elflin, yeah?" The creature, Elflin nods.

"Is everything ok?" Elflin asks. They pause. "Are you two magic by blood?" They ask, somewhat awkward.

Jess nods aggressively, Magolor smiles nervously.

"My- I'm sorry! I'm not too sure how that works with me still." Elflin, fidgets. They laugh lightly, asking, "Are you two going to be ok here then?" The two nod, Jess, moving closer again.

The group continues conversing, proper introductions mixed in.

After a while Kirby suggests a snack. The group agree.

Later that night (?)

"Hey! I think I want to explore, anyone want to tag along?" Jess asks suddenly.

Crickets.

She shuffles awkwardly, "No? Alright, I'll keep communication on me, don't fret to call me." Jess continues, taking out a small camping pack. After a quiet goodbye from the girls, she leaves.

Once out she sighs, comfortable in her near aloneness. Even in the evening, the town was somewhat crowded.

A couple days later, Jess finds herself in a desert.

Out of the town sits a forest, just as soft and just friendly feeling as the town. Jess steps over a set of roots and leans on the tree, glancing around. A star speckled night sky lay above her, a small stream nearby, creating soothing white noise, with the bugs and song birds quietly cooing along. And a light.

A light?

Jess carefully lingers to the space with the light. Small, and red, it pierces through the underbrush.