𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

Night had come to Berhert as Primrose sat on the floor of the Milano with a wrench in hand as she listened to Peter's music. Despite how she felt about her brother at that moment, the Quill woman couldn't deny how much she missed him. She couldn't remember the last time they went separate ways, it was definitely before they left the Ravagers behind. Primrose would never admit it aloud, but she felt like something was missing. She didn't feel complete without Peter by her side, and she couldn't tell if that was a good or a bad thing. It wasn't long after that when her conversation with Nebula from earlier that day replayed in her head.

All her life she had been seen as "Peter's sister" and was constantly dragged around wherever he went. Up until that moment, Primrose was okay with that. She never thought about leaving her brother and usually enjoyed his presence. Now the Quill woman wondered if there was something else she was meant for. Something that didn't involve Peter by her side. But she would never leave him behind. She couldn't do that to him, even if he just did that to her.

Primrose's thoughts were soon interrupted by a loud bang coming from the surrounding woods. Her attention immediately turned in the direction of the sound, only to find Groot staring out the window with a sad look in his eyes. It wasn't long after that when an explosion came from the same direction, causing the Quill woman to jump and Nebula to jolt awake. Just as Primrose was about to call out to Rocket, her eyes landed on a radio leaning against the wall across from her. Her eyes stayed glued to the device that was placed where she believed he was as it emitted the raccoon's humming.

Another loud bang drew Primrose's attention back to the outside world. Everything within her was telling her to stay put, but a small part of her was telling her not to listen. "Stay here. I'll go check it out."

"Are you insane?" Nebula questioned as she watched the younger woman grab her basters and head towards the door, "we don't even know what's out there."

"That's why I'm going to go look," the Quill woman responded without even attempting to hide the annoyance in her voice before her eyes landed on Groot, "stay here."

Before the Luphomoid woman could say another word, Primrose turned her back to them and walked out of the ship. Her hand tightened around her blaster as she made her way closer to the surrounding forest. It had been a while since she heard anything, but the silence was soon broken by screaming coming from somewhere in front of her. After letting out a shaky sigh, the Quill woman walked further into the woods, only to find something she never expected to see. Her heart skipped a beat at the sight of eight Ravagers knocked out cold on the forest floor.