29: Conjecture

(Chapter - 29)

Yera closed the tunnel door behind her, feeling a proud sense of achievement as she finally closed it. She took in a deep breath and slung her travel bag on her shoulder as she started moving forward at a fast pace. Sakura did tell her that it would take over twenty minutes to get out of the enormous estate by using the tunnel, reminding her not to drain her energy by running as she would eventually be out of the area.

Fortunately, the tunnel was well lit, as if it had been in use for a good long time. The orange hues of the tunnel made her a bit ticklish and dizzy as it was really straining her eyes.

All of a sudden, the lights in the tunnel went out. This never really happens in such a prioritised house, except the fact that the action taken was deliberate. Numerous thoughts raced through her mind as she was sure it was fishy. Did Heeseung perhaps get to know about her escaping from him? Hell, yes.

Before she could even process the information further, she could get a view of faint torchlights from a distance, which were nearing her slowly, and soon, the sounds of marching boots faded into the atmosphere, causing her to run for her life. "Catch her!" A man shouted from a distance, directing the other guards towards her. Her heart thumped due to anxiety and fear, not knowing what the consequences would be if she got caught. She will surely regret it if she fails to escape from this teeny tiny bit of mistake.

She managed to hide sideways in a narrow opening of her tunnel to save her life, but soon after, something bit her on her leg. It was a rat. She came out of the narrow opening of the tunnel when she felt that the guards left and let herself sit on the ground as she applied pressure to her wounded leg, controlling her scream by biting her lower lip as she felt a bit weak owing to over-exhausting herself prior to this.

After having a bit of rest, she resumed her journey. Her pain had already faded away. She felt deja-vu as she realised that she was wearing the same clothes that she wore when it was her strange first day on the vast estate. She felt a bit hesitant to leave for a while as some piece of her heart was owned by a certain someone, Lee Heeseung, but as soon as her eyes caught a glimpse of the lightened up city right above the drain slab, her eyes sparkled. She felt ecstatic when she discovered that she was finally out. She hadn't felt this much happiness when her novels blew up the charts. She felt proud that she was out of the place where she didn't fit in.

At the President's estate

"Where is she? Did anybody find her or get a clue?" Heeseung asked the guards that were assembled right in front of him, walking from left to right as if he was thinking something really deeply. "No sir, there wasn't even a clue as to where Ms. Yera went. I called all the check posts and had a meeting with the team for the same, but none saw Ms. Yera after she was last spotted in the kitchen." The head guard replied.

Jake, who was sitting on the sofa placed right in back, was watching the soccer match being played on the TV peacefully, munching on his chips as he sipped some soda alongside. He scoffed at the tension going on right behind him, containing his smirk inside as he got a glimpse of the guards being yelled at by Heeseung.

"Such pathetic rascals they are." He scoffed to himself in amazement as his mind replayed the time when he bribed the head guard with a huge amount of money. "It's a wholesome joke to be laughed upon as the one who used to rule around is being fooled here. People just do anything for money... such greedy dogs." He thought. His gaze averted towards the lit-up screen as soon as the match resumed once again, diverting his attention. "I NEED A REFILL!" Jake said in a loud voice, his eyes still glued to the LED screen, causing Heeseung to glare menacingly at him.

Grabbing an artefact placed near him, Heeseung smashed the TV screen off by throwing the statue harshly, creating a loud sound. Heeseung was just too done and was not tolerating anything going around that was not associated with the issue. He marched towards Jake with loud and strong steps, causing Jake to roll off his eyes as if knowing what was about to happen.

"Weren't you her friend, huh? Aren't you even a bit worried about how she magically vanished into thin air?" He asked. "I am indeed worried about her too, but I can't just stop breathing, right?" Jake gave him justification, standing up after keeping the bowl of chips on the table right in front of him. "Such a good friend you are." Heeseung clenched his jaw, emphasising the word 'good'. Jake slipped his feet into his slippers and went upstairs to his room while scrolling through his phone, not even bothering to listen to Heeseung.

Jake entered his room and locked the door as he threw his shirt away on his chair as he called someone. "What's the status, Chen?" He asked the person on the other line in English. "She's right there at a distance, sir; all you have to do is command." Chen laughed airily. "Kidnap her, and keep her captivated in my penthouse located in the central province. Make sure not to harm her physically. I won't spare you if I even see a scratch on her." "As you wish, sir." Chen hung up the call, and Jake immediately tossed his phone to the bed, swiping his hair back with his veiny hands.

To be continued...

How was this chapter? This story will be wrapped up soon, so I need to guys to answer my questions on the announcement posted on my profile. ^^

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️