The Anomaly

CRASH

That was the sound of a training dummy completely shattering from the collision with a dagger. It is one thing Stealth Elf often enjoyed, she did not care about fun, she cared about preparing for the next mission when it is announced. Despite the loud noises, the elf was enjoying the fairly quiet day, that was until a voice from her TV interrupted, as she forgot to turn it off. It was a news anchor with quite a lot to say,

"We would like to report a strange new phenomenon happening around Skylands. Witnesses say they saw animals developing things like trees and fire on their bodies. No one knows why this is occurring, or if it even harms them, all they do know for certain is that it is simply weird...We will give regular updates as this goes on."

Stealth elf was weirded out by the news, but she did not have time to focus, as she heard a knock coming from her door.

"Coming!" She said, running to the door, opening it, to find Gill Grunt, looking pale and ill.

"Hey do you have a blanket, it's very cold out there." He asked flakes of ice on his skin.

Stealth Elf was weirded out by this request, it was still morning and the season of summer, how did he get ice on his skin? It didn't matter, she complied and got him a blanket and tea to help him warm up.

"You wait here I am going to check it out." The elf said as she headed outside to see what was going on, maybe even figure out what made the Gillman ill.

Gill Grunt only looked in fear, he knows something she doesn't.

Walking outside, it seemed everything looked normal, the trees still lush, kids still playing, and others going on with their daily lives. But that was soon ruined by the odd amount of Skylander's sitting down, feeling ill. Some Earth Skylanders had a hard time moving, as stiff as a statue, Air keep getting shocked, causing minor pain, Fire constantly burned, and dripping magma and Tech started developing gears on the body, as they moved slightly. It was truly a weird sight, almost unsettling to the ninja, as she kept looking around, seeing more ill people. But in a momentary lapse of concentration, she looked into a forest..and saw it...It looked like a melted mass, shambling around until its eyes met hers. It knows Stealth Elf is there, but before she had time to react, she was snapped back to reality by Hex.

"Are you okay, you looked worried." The undead elf said to her, bandages on her arms, itching them incessantly.

"No no no I'm fine, are you okay is what I want to know." Stealth Elf said, noticing Hex itching the bandages.

"That's none of your business, listen this phenomenon is affecting some of our teammates, I think they got this "anomaly" from some of the stray animals bumbling around." The witch said snidely, but still have a look of concern on her face, which was out of the ordinary.

Then a look of dread developed on Stealth Elf's face, they need to check on Gill Grunt. The both of them began running back to the house, realizing Gill Grunt may be infected by this anomaly, and opened the door with a loud thud, only to find him....alright. The Gillman was still sitting on the couch alive, but he now was violently coughing, and the flakes of ice developed in small shards. The look of shock was plastered on Stealth elf's face, but not Hex.

"GILL ARE YOU INFECTED?" The witch said in anger seemingly knowing what this is.

In fear of Hex's wrath, he states, "YES I AM INFECTED. I SWEAR I WAS NOT NEAR ANY OF THOSE ANIMALS, NOW PLEASE DON'T HURT ME."

"Wait if you were not near any of the strays, how did you get infected?" Stealth Elf asked in curiosity.

"It was that thing...It called me over and grabbed my hand, I was able to get away, but then I began feeling this way..." Gill Grunt said, still feeling very ill.