Chapter x 15 [Epilogue to Our Bond]

Gon looked down at the photo displayed in a frame, standing next to his and Killua's bed. It was a picture of Gon and Killua on their wedding day.

Gon fiddled with the wedding band on his left ring finger. He was smiling to himself, thinking about past memories he held close to his heart.

"Gon! They're here!" Killua yelled from downstairs.

"Coming!" Gon yelled back.

Gon ran down the stairs, to see his sister-in-law, Alluka, and two friends of his, Kurapika and Leorio.

"Hi, big-brothers!" Alluka cheered, giving both Freecss' hugs.

"Hi, Alluka," Killua said. "Where's Nanika? May I see her, please?"

"Hi, Killua," Nanika said, moments later.

"Happy anniversary, boys," Leorio congratulated both Killua and Gon.

It's been a year since they got married, since Killua got away from the Zoldyck family name and changed his last name to Freecss for good. Killua and Gon were both 22 years old now, and it's been 10 years since they first met at the Hunter Exam. They were celebrating this special day by hanging out with their closest family and friends. The five spent the whole day spending time together— something they haven't done in a long time. But once the day was over, Leorio and Kurapika suggested that Alluka stay with them instead of Killua and Gon for the next few days, to give the boys a break and time to themselves.

"I'm exhausted," Killua complained, and he turned the TV on in front of their bed.

"Yeah, me too," Gon agreed, as he inched closer to to husband.

"Just us tonight, huh?" Killua pointed out.

"I know... usually Alluka's here with us... but not tonight," Gon said.

"So... what should we do?" Killua asked.

The two of them laid there, looking at each other in silence. Suddenly, Killua grinned.

"No," Gon stated. "Don't even think about it."

Killua pouted. "You're no fun," he sighed, disappointed.

"Oh well, guess I tried," Killua shrugged.

Gon shook his head.

"Let's just... take a break tonight, okay?" Gon requested.

"Alright," Killua nodded in agreement.

Killua pulled Gon close to him, kissing him.

"Goodnight, baby, I love you," one said.

"Goodnight, I love you too," said the other.

———

It was the next morning, and the two boys were awake, still in bed. Both were wrapped up in the bedsheets, cuddling each other. Gon was sleeping on the left side, snuggling with Killua. Because of their height difference, Killua was able to hold Gon tightly in his arms.

"I don't wanna get up," Gon whined.

"Yeah, me neither," Killua sighed.

"Well, what should we do today?" Gon asked.

"Stay in bed," Killua joked.

"Other than that," Gon laughed.

"We could—" Killua couldn't finish his sentence.

"No. I thought I told you," Gon rolled his eyes, dramatically.

Killua crossed his arms and spread a fake frown across his face.

"Later, Killua," Gon kissed his husband. "Let's go get some breakfast," Gon suggested.

"Fine," Killua grunted. "Whatever you say, as long as you're mine tonight."

"Yeah, yeah," Gon said, palming his face.

They got dressed and went outside. They headed into town, and ate inside at a restaurant.

"It's been a while since we've done something like this alone," Killua observed.

"It's been a while since we've been alone period," Gon added.

"It's nice to get out and do something like this once in a while," Killua said.

Gon nodded his head in agreement.

Both Freecss' ate their food quickly, while discussing financial issues and other important topics.

"Well... maybe we could adopt one when we're a little older," Gon said.

"Yeah, maybe," Killua added his opinion.

"Children..." Killua thought. "Maybe a little later... I don't think I'm ready for that kind of responsibility yet..."

"But... I'd love to raise one with Gon..."

"Maybe we can talk about this later?" Killua requested.

"Sure," Gon smiled.

"Alright, well, if we're done here, let's go," Killua said, taking Gon's hand and kissing it.

"Yeah," Gon just laughed as his whole heart lit up with joy.

Killua and Gon spent the rest of the day together, enjoying each other's company. They had a lot fun that day, just being around each other, alone.

"One more," Killua demanded.

Gon leaned over and kissed Killua once more, while they both sat at the edge of a fountains.

———

"Say aah," Gon told Killua, stuffing his husband's face full of chocolate cake.

"Mmph—" Killua giggled.

———

"Try these on," Killua handed Gon a pair of jeans.

"What's wrong with my current wardrobe?" Gon wanted an explanation.

"I'm not telling," Killua teased. "You'll just get mad."

Gon looked down at his old, green shorts. Which, by the way, always seemed to fit him.

...

———

It was nighttime. The two boys were sitting down in a coffee shop, eating pastries. A soft serenade of violin music was played in the background, coming through an open window. There was a crowd of people outside, partnered up with their lovers, dancing around a fountain in the moonlight.

Killua noticed his husband looking towards the music and dancing, and placed his hand on top of Gon's.

"May I have this dance, my love?" Killua gave a gentle smile, touching Gon's beautiful gold ring, that had a green and blue gem embedded into it.

Gon's eyes lit up, as he looked back at Killua. 

And so... the two danced together, celebrating their love. A bond like theirs would endure forever. 💙💚