The Bloody Graveyard

Using prompt 11: One of your friends invites you to a Halloween party at their place. When you reach the venue, all you can see is a graveyard, and a person covered in blood waving at you.

Forbidding, dark clouds and a misty atmosphere; a twisted fairytale illustration. As the sun's radiance disappeared, the death and evil from the clouds polluted the atmosphere.

A wicked night, a night full of treats and tricks. Can you guess what the night was?

Yes! It was Halloween!

The time for little children to go knocking on doors and cheering, "Trick or Treat." What a splendid holiday it is for the majority.

However, for a small selection of people, it's a bloody horror night. I suppose they are the ones that are getting tricked.

So, follow me as I tell the story of The Bloody Graveyard.

A young woman sat peacefully on her couch watching her favourite horror movie Annabelle. Then all of a sudden, the phone rang, making her jump out of fear. Usually, she wouldn't jump at the sound of a ringtone, but when you're wrapped up watching a horror movie, you surely would jump if you weren't expecting a call. The woman slowly let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and answered the phone.

"Hello?" She said.

"Time for you to die," a sinister voice declared.

"What? No! I'm too pretty to die," she sarcastically responded.

"I'm going to gut you and eat your insides," the ominous voice spoke.

"Oh, shut up, Rex."

"What? I'm not, Rex," the threatening voice replied.

"Come on, for once, just stop copying scream." The girl rolled her eyes. "I may have fallen for this once, but it will never happen again. Just switch it up. You do this every Halloween."

"Okay, fine, but one day I will make you scream and cry in fright," Rex countered.

Ryker Smith, better known as 'Rex,' was Lexi's best friend. They had been best friends since they met at eight on a playground. That was twelve years ago yesterday. Yes, they met on the 30th of October, twelve years ago. It's crazy how time moves so fast. But you know what they say, time flies when you're having fun. Now let's continue.

"Sure, Rex."

"It will happen, Lexi. Mark my words."

"Okay, I will. Would you like me to put it on my calendar? How about adding it to 2030?" Lexi mockingly asked. 

"Shut up," Rex answered. Lexi could hear his eye roll through the phone screen.

Lexi snickered, "You know, I was only joking. I love you too much to be so mean to you."

"Ah, I know. I'm literally your best friend."

"I agree, Rex. So, why did you call? Was it only to do that prank thing?"

"No, we're going to a party and grace the low lives with our amazing presence. It starts at 9 pm. Be there or I'll gut you like a fish, understand?" Rex threatened 

"Not the scream reference. Obsessed much."

"Hold up, not you dissing my movie taste. Why don't you just watch Annabelle for like the billionth time? Obsessed much."

"How dare you! Annabelle is a great movie," Lexi stated.

"And so is Scream," Rex added.

It's safe to say they spent a lot of time shouting at each other over which movie was better. They ended up without a decision. Rex and Lexi went for the safest option: their own choice.