25

Rudy

Laylia was in my apartment, usually I'd be happy but not right now. We had figured out the news earlier today that the baby was most likely not going to survive child birth, or even leading up to it.

Laylias stomach wasn't a good enough habitat for a baby to grow in, the doctor told us. What does that even mean?

"Whatever you bought or prepared for the baby you can get rid of it." She tells me, with the blankest stare.. at the floor.

"Do you really want to get rid of everything? I mean what about the memories?" I try to convince her.

"What memories? The memories of the father of the baby growing inside of me cheating on me, or that I'm never going to be a mum ever again because my stomach is inhabitable?" She now looks at me with a look that tells millions of stories. She was hurting, anyone could see. Her shoulders fall and her eyes fill with tears as silence takes over the atmosphere.

I take her hands into mine, I expect her to pull back but she doesn't. She squeezes my hands before sitting down on my bed.

"I don't know what to do anymore." She sighs closing her eyes letting tears drop down her red cheeks.

"That's the thing, we shouldn't know what to do. This isn't what we expected and it's not what we wanted, I know."  I make sure she kept looking at me while she took breaths.

"I really was looking forward to.. uh." Her voice comes out shaking fidgeting with her fingers inside my hands. "Be a mom."

"I know. I know." She leans into me as I disconnect our hands before putting my hands on her head petting it lightly. We sit in silence correlating breaths until her phone goes off.

She opens it to see Drew calling. My eyes inflict with a horrible feeling of.. jealousy.

"Sorry I gotta take this." She whispers before stepping out of my room into the living room of me and Chases shared apartment.

"Yes I'm fine, just on the way home now." I could hear the smile in her voice, but was is fake or real? Before I could rush out and see her one last time the front door slammed.

She left.

~~~~

@laylia

@laylia.clineee:

tune into David Lettermans show tonight, it's time to come clean.

🏷 @davidletterman

March 13th 2022

Comments:

@user2: come clean?

@rudeth: so proud of you.

@madelyncline: tuning in soon!

- @laylia.clineee: <3

@user8: i'm actually confused what's going on?

- @laylia.clineee: a lot.

@drewstarkey: here for you every step of the way swag.

@billieeilish: i fucking love you lia, don't forget that.

- @laylia.clineee: you're my other half, how could i forget?

~~~~

Laylia

"Lets welcome the one and only Laylia Cline!" David smiled at me as i waved to the camera.

"Hi! Thank you so much for having me." I thanked him as we both get situated in our seats.

"We are here with you today to come clean, right?" He stated.

"Yes, for a long time now I've been needing to get a lot of things off my chest." I nodded feeling my heart beating more than usual.

"Okay well lets get started, huh? I've got some questions about your future with the Outerbanks." He starts.

"Of course, shoot."

"Where exactly do you see yourself after the release of this new season?"

"I don't know honestly, i haven't thought that far but i definitely think Noelles story isn't done yet." I answer trying not to spoil the show.

"Noelle has a complicated love life like you. Do you have anything you want to say about this years drama surrounding you?"

"Damn, there's a lot of shit but the main thing is that I'm definitely not in a relationship right now nor will I be for the next year. I'm making 2022 my year." I fidget around in the seat as the leather gets stuck to my thighs.

"You came here to come clean, is there something you mainly needed to spill?"

"I think lots of people were guessing this after a story I posted to my Instagram earlier this year, but I did want to confirm that I have been pregnant for the past month." I take a breath, almost feeling weight being lifted off my shoulders. "We recently found out that the baby wasnt going to last through child birth, so we shouldn't expect a future with the child."

"Fuck that doesn't get much easier to hear for a second time. Nobody should have to go through that, what have you been doing to get through it? We hope the people surrounding you have been helping."

"Well honestly not too many people knew about this pregnancy until right now. Only my family and close friends, really. But they have been more than helpful and i couldn't wish for better friends." I answer truthfully. The hem of the dress i am wearing was almost coming undone as i was picking at the dreadful string.

"Wow, thats tough. How did this news affect your filming process for season 3?"

"Jonas and the rest of the crew have really let me go my own pace with filming. They knew i needed time to rest and process, which i'm so grateful for. They are truly the best people i'll ever meet." I smile thinking about how much sympathy i had gotten from them.

---- time skip ----

After my episode for Davids show went live, i didn't know what to think. What were people going to think of me? Have i betrayed peoples trust by not telling them? I had to stop thinking.

I already had JD and Madison texting me, but how could i respond to messages talking about my dead baby? Nothing could've prepared me for this. Nothing.

[ Messages ]

Blocked number

Blocked Number

We need to talk.

I know that baby is mine.

read at 11:32 PM

kyler speaks:

hey guys.... um my updating is so shocking. like 5 months?!?

im so sorry. i love you all so much and you mean so much to me.

plz stay hydrated i love you.

dedicated to the girl who keeps me motivated:

worksbyhannah