~I Have A Type (Leefe)~

Gotta be honest, I don't think Linh should be with any of the boys. I am strictly a lesbian Linh enthusiast, but I kind of get where these people are coming from. Linh seems kind of into Fitz, and Keefe seems kind of into Sophie, so there is some rom-com-side-ship-in-a-Sophitz-fanfiction-potential brewing under the surface here. Not my cup of tea, but then again, most non-Dex-involved ships aren't.

With some added Sotam because the requester said they had taken a liking to both ships. I understand the assignment. Ya get me?

RenegadesFangirl is the requester in question. Enjoy, and remember, may the odds be ever in your favor. Have a good read.

Just a quick note: this is indeed a human AU. Why, thank you for asking.

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Linh's POV✩

My twin brother's death glare was a little too excellent.

"Tam, go ask Sophie to dance," I sighed. Sophie and Fitz were in the middle of the dance floor, but Sophie seemed more than a little uncomfortable. She tugged an eyelash out when Fitz was distracted.

"No," Tam said drily. I sighed.

"It would honestly make my night," I admitted. "I like seeing you happy."

Tam glanced away from Sophie to shoot me a small smile. "Thank you, Linh. That means a lot."

"Is that a yes?" I asked hopefully. Tam shook his head and took a sip from his cocktail. The ice clinked against each other in the glass. 

"If you're not going to stop your pining, at least take a break from the drinks," I advised. "You've never been drunk in your life, and I want it to stay that way."

"That I can do," my brother promised. "I am feeling a headache coming on." He turned his head. "Hey bartender, a water please?"

The bartender rolled her eyes and poured Tam (rather sloppily) a glass of cold water and slid it down the counter. I recognized her from Foxfire, but her name was on the tip of my tongue. Curly brown hair...something Heks, perhaps?

"Linh, you don't have to babysit me all night just because of some-" Tam started to say.

"Tam, I like babysitting you. I care about you," I insisted, cutting him off.

"There must be someone here you're pining over! Go be with them or something," Tam retorted, taking a sip of water.

"About that, I don't think you would really enjoy that..." I mumbled. Tam snorted.

"Why not? Unless it's Keefe or something."

I froze.

Tam raised his eyebrows. "Linh?"

"Yes?"

"It's not Keefe."

I stayed silent.

"It's not Keefe, right?" Tam's eyebrows scrunched.

I stayed silent and bit my lip.

"Right?"

I continued to stay silent.

"Right?..."

I proceeded to stay silent.

Tam threw his arms up in irritation. "Oh my god, I knew you were making moony eyes at him but I didn't think you actually...ugh, Linh. You have the absolute worst taste."

I grinned sheepishly. "Um, sorry? What can I say, I have a type."

"Oooh, are we talking about people's love lives?" Biana and Dex said at the same time, popping up behind me and sitting down at the bar.

"Hey, Hekster, get me a Shirley," Biana ordered. Hekster gave her the middle finger and started making her drink. Dex snickered.

"I'm all about being nice to employees, but Stina Heks is an exception," Dex cackled. Biana high-fived him. Tam rolled his eyes.

"You're the pettiest person I have ever met in my entire life," Tam snapped at him. Dex batted his eyelashes.

"Thanks," he gushed. "Anyways, Linh said something about having a type?"

I turned bright pink. "Oh, it was nothing."

"C'mon," Biana whined. "I regret letting Marella rent out a club for the night. There's nobody to fight, nobody to intimidate...ugh. Boring!"

"Yeah, Linh," Dex begged. "Please?"

"I'm also bored," Stina called out while shaking ice into a glass for Biana. "My iPod is dead. Now I can't listen to Doja Cat.

Tam facepalmed.

"So...I do have a crush on K-" I started to say.

"We know," chorused Biana, Dex, and Stina all at the same time. Tam blinked incredulously.

"I'm sorry, you all just knew this?!" Tam yelped indignantly.

"Duh," Stina revealed. "It's not that hard. Why do you think Linh wore a yellow dress even though in yellow she looks like a microwaved lemon?"

"Rude!" Tam defended. I looked down at the counter.

"Damn girl," Biana observed, leaning over the counter to inspect my dress. "You are hot. Hotter than a lemon if you cooked it in the microwave. Literally."

"Any particular reason why you are more dressed up than everyone else combined?" Dex offered. I blushed bright crimson.

"He's not wrong," Biana smirked, gesturing to her baggy jeans and purple crop top.

"Seriously, Linh?" Tam complained. "Out of all the guys you could dress up for-"

"Fuck, he's coming," Biana urged. She wasn't wrong. Keefe was coming towards us with his trademark smirk and tousled blonde hair. He wore a slightly buttoned-down white shirt and leather pants. Both things were not doing good things to my face, specifically the originally pale color.

"Hey, Songbird," Keefe teased, resting his arms on the counter next to me. Out of the corner of my eye, Tam rolled his eyes.

"Um, dude, you're blocking me from my sister," he flared. Keefe looked behind him and raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Sorry dude," he apologized. Tam glared, but his glare faltered as he saw Sophie alone across the club. "It's fine," he mumbled, walking away to talk to her.

"Oh, shoot!" Biana said abruptly. "Dex and I have to go dance. Show everyone how it's done, right Dizznee?" I swore I could see Dex blush a little, but he nodded and trailed after her.

"Are you okay?" Keefe asked when everyone else was out of earshot- except Stina, but that was a lost cause. For a girl with earphones in, she had surprisingly good hearing.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said, taken aback. "You?"

"I guess," he sighed. "I just feel a little bored. The whole point of clubs is the publicity. A bunch of people you don't know circling you: potential friends, enemies, even lovers. But I can't just get drunk to spice things up, because in case you haven't noticed, I'm not a total asshole."

I laughed. "No, not exactly. You never were."

He granted me a small smile. "Thanks for the vote of confidence." I grinned.

"There's a difference between one and ten glasses of wine," I pointed out. "You want one?"

Keefe grinned back. "Well, I guess I shouldn't waste this private bar. Marella would murder me in my sleep." He glanced towards Marella, who was talking to Fitz on the dance floor with a drink in her hand.

"Um, Stina? Two glasses of red, please?" I asked. Stina sighed and got two cups from the cabinet.

"You never made Biana's Shirley, did you?" I inquired.

Stina shrugged. "What? I was thirsty."

Keefe and I smiled at each other. Maybe this night would turn out alright with him by my side.