𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐈Mahalia Reign Clark22 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐥𝐝

𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐈
Mahalia Reign Clark
22 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐥𝐝

—————————— ♥ ——————————

"Bitch I can't wait 'til I get my hands on you. On yo' fuckin' daughter imma kill you dumb ass bitch." Jamir spat through the other side of the phone. Mahalia's heart pounded as she blinked back tears. She tuned out the other vile and threatening things he was saying before she hung up.

Her breathing started to pick up as the tears dropped from her eyes. She didn't know why she answered the phone, but she wished that she didn't. Her hands began to shake and she started to hyperventilate. Images ran though her mind of the times when Jamir would put his hands on her. When he would choke her, stomp her out, and break her things. When he would punch her in the face and bruise her badly that she had to cake makeup on her face and arms anytime she left the house.

"I- I can't br-" She spoke to herself, breathlessly. This wasn't the first time that this happened to her. She didn't know what it was but she knew that it was always triggered by her abuser.

The tears continued to fall as she tried her hardest to ground herself and steady her breathing.

"Mama?" She heard her daughter's small voice and she looked up to see Mynazja walking into her bedroom. It was getting late so she didn't know why Nazja wasn't sleeping. Her big brown eyes had a sad look in them as she walked toward her mom. Nazja had seen this happen to her mom before and her two-year-old brain couldn't comprehend what was happening, but she could feel the emotions that her mom felt. She knew her mom was sad.

"I'm o-okay baby. It's a-alright." Mahalia's voice wavered while her chest heaved up and down. Mynazja climbed into bed next to her mom and wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"No sad mommy." Nazja said in a small voice, poking her lip out. She wrapped her small arms around her mother's torso, giving her a hug in an attempt to cheer her up. Mahalia sniffed before wiping the extra tears that had escaped. She tried her best to get her breathing under control before she had finally calmed down.

"Thank you baby." She said quietly. Her daughter was so loving and gentle and Mahalia cherished that about her the most. Her daughter witnessed abuse at a very young age, and yet she was still such a bright and amazing little girl. She was so resilient.

"No more sad?" Mynazja looked up at her mom from the hug and Mahalia shook her head no. "I'm not sad anymore. I'm happy because you're here." Mahalia gave her a small smile. "I love you."

"I luh you mommy." Nazja smiled back and Mahalia kissed her on her soft cheek. Mynazja rested beside her mother, slowly falling asleep while Mahalia's mind ran a mile a minute.