Page 1

July, Tuesday, 2022

I was hanging out with Rowley tonight. He was sleeping over at my house. We were playing video games. It was late and he told us he was going to sleep. Which is why Rowley and I had to play our video game quietly. We had been playing for several hours when my brother Rodrick started screaming in his room. We paused the game and ran to Rodrick's room to see what happened to Rodrick, and we gently opened the door. 

"Rodrick?! Are you o-" 

We saw the horrible scene

We saw the horrible scene. Rodrick lay dead, someone or something had broke in his room using the window.  His head and arm was missing. His chest was impaled by something sharp, there was a gaping hole in his chest. All the culprit left was a blood boot trail leading to the computer, the monitor cast an eerie glow through out the room. Rowley and I ran back into the room where we played our game and locked the door behind us. 

"Rowley, what happened...who did that?" I asked him

"I don't know, Greg. It seemed that it could've been an animal that broke into his room." Rowley shrugged as he believed it was an animal 

"But there was shoeprints, that can't be an animal. Lets figure out this tomorrow when it is light outside." I said quietly, afraid of what could be lurking in the dark. 

We both slept in the bed, it was weird but fear kept us together.  There was knocking on my door and we could hear Rodrick's voice whispering to let him in. We knew it wasn't him, he was dead in the next room. Whatever was whispering at my door was not Rodrick. The whispers that were mimicking Rodrick's voice stopped. That's when the scratching and the banging began. The worst was the blood curling bellows on the other side of the door. We huddled in the corner with our blankets over our heads. We did not sleep at all that night. We were being tormented by the creature at the door.