Family. You know.

First things first. Making fun of the writing prompt.

  You fall in love with someone while just exchanging letters (was the just necessary). When you go to meet them in person their adress is your ancestral home. (everyone's first thought was incest right? It is not just me? It would be a boring story if it was like: "You used to live here. I bought this place two years ago. Wanna watch a movie?")

  Okay time for the story.

  Devon never liked his family.
His mom was neat freak. She scrubbed his hands with denatured alcohol twice a day for ten years.
His dad collected taxidermied birds. Devon could name sixty spicies off the top of his head.
  His brother took steroids and testosterone. He did one thousand push ups a day and lectured everone on confucianism.
  His sister. Ugh. She weighed sixty pounds and made a fourtune telling girs they should never eat.
  The only good family member Devon had was his second cousin Lion. He had never met Leon. They had written echother a few letters after their great grand father died.
  Lion's letters were always well writen. He minored in poetry and majored in devlop mental psycology.

  Devon aproched the older blond boy. "Hey." He smied nervously.
  Lion grinned "Hey."
  "Halloween partys. Am I right?" asked Devon.
  "Yeah. This house is perfect for them though." Leon gestured to the ball room of the victorian mansion. For a house bult in eighteen-fifty it got surprisingly little natural light. There was almost no furniture. No one lived in the house. It was brought out for parties like a dress or a gold ring. The lack of care showed in the walls and floors. Cracks had started forming.
  "Yeah." There was a pause. Barely a second. "How is Aunt Lydia doing?"
  Lion shrugged. "Last I heard she was in rehab."
  Devon nodded. "Same."
  Another pause came. This one lasted two seconds.
  Lion took a lighter out of his silk dress pants. "Menthol?"
  Devon shook his head. "I don't smoke. I play foot ball."
  "American?" Leon asked with a raised eyebrow.
  Devin scoffed. "No."
  "Oh." Lion took a long cigarette out of his pocket and walke out to the balcony.
  Devon left the ball room. He walked in to the maids kitchen. The rooms that were not meant to be seen by company were in worse shape than the rest. Mold grew out of the celing and dust flowed through the air like locust. Perhaps his world was ending.
  He wandered to the garden. Dirt and a few patches of weeds. He was dressed in a suite so sitting on the gound was not an option. He looked up at the sky. There were no clouds or stars. The sun had set but it was never dark in the city. Lights from other parties flooded the estate.
  "Hey." Lion's hand landed firmly on Devon's shoulder. "Thought you were coming to the balcony with me."
  "I don't smoke."
  "I know. You said so once before. Can't rember when. Must have been ages."
  "Can your family afford this house? It is falling apart."
  "Nah. We are broke, but the folks will never admit it. Got to keep up apprences and all that. They don't care though. They can always go into debt."
  "We deserve to lose this house."
  "We? Oh! We. Yeah. Screw the whole family."
  Devon nodded.
  Lion looked at his gold writst watch. "Katie should be here soon. Are you excited to meet the misses?"
  "I am."
  "Can you make the weedding?"
  "Sorry. You know how the family is."
  Lion nodded. "That I do. Want to go back in? I am freezing my lips off."
  "Yeah. It is cold."

  (Hey. Kay here. I write absurd comedies. This is not one of them. If you want to talk to me about writing or have a story you would like me to read feel free to comment. This is a writing community so let's communicate. So, my story is only six hunderd words and I need it to be one thousand. As you could probably guess by the opening to this story I don't actually expext to win. So I decided to fudge my word count.)
a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a  a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a  a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a  a a a a a a a a a a  a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a  a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a  a b a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a. And that is exactly one thousand words.