Chapter 1 - First Day

Chapter 1:

This story will talk about anxiety if you are not comfortable with that i recommend you not to read it you life is just as important as my life. Just so you guys know this is my first story so if there's anything I should fix/change please make sure to let me know in the comments!!!

____________________________________________________________

Waking up early for the first day, I would love it, if I loved school which I don't and especially when it's a new school.

Starting in year 7 is a 'big transition' my parents call it but no it's not. For me it's just another boring day but for some reason I am treating it like my birthday.

In my mind I over think everything I don't choose I just do but on my first day I didn't know what to expect. So, I just put on my oversized dress which wasn't even the school uniform just a look alike from my old school.

Wiggled my way through the school's hoodie which squeezed my waist and it felt funny and suddenly I didn't like this birthday feeling.

I grabbed all my new school books which I decorated with coloured paper and wrote the names of all my subjects on and carefully put them in my school bag. I walked down the hallway to the front door and placed my bag near it, then I went to the kitchen to have breakfast.

Breakfast was nothing special to me but to some people the most important meal of the day. I put some cheerios in my bowl along with milk and then I started to think whether people put the cereal or milk into the bowl first. Like I said I overthink EVERYTHING.

Watching My brother and sister sit there staring at separate screens when my Mum joined me in the kitchen, and she seemed really hyped up because it was not just my first day but her first day as a year 6 part time teacher. "So, Madison" Mum says, "you excited for your first day of high school?".

Great just great I hate being asked those questions but then my dad entered the room, and I knew I could count on him to save me at this moment and change the conversation right, wrong he was my dad he never got me out of things he knew I didn't like.

Anyway, I didn't like the situation I was in, so I got up and went to untangle the bird nest on my head. Since I over think things, I always complain about my hair to myself which is when I end up in tears. But I didn't want to look like a cry baby on my first day did I.

Well, I held back the tears and started to brush and brush, soon it looks close to what I wanted it to be, but I always saw it as a fuzzy mess, so I decided to do it up tight with a green very breakable hair tie and a lot of hair spray.

As it was the first day my parents wanted to get a photo of all the kids outside in the garden and this was my least favourite part of it all just standing there posing for multiple shots which will then be sent to everyone I know.

Hoping in the car with my dad who will drop me off in the school carpark I think about what my first day is going to be like. Before I can jump out and run away the car engine goes, and we start driving up our driveway which is the steepest in the world.

Shaking nervously, I think about what my parents have said to me about that everyone is new and that everyone wants to make friends. Well, I took her advice and went along ready to make friends.

I don't like socializing, so this was a problem for me and in primary school I had been with my classmates from year 1. But I had to start again because I didn't know anyone in my class except for my friend Olivia who said her friend Charlotte who went to another school was going to be in my class, but I didn't want to be her friend, so I had a problem.

I also had another problem I was not there on transition day due to one of my family members having covid so I didn't know anyone know which building was in and where to meet.

Just then my dad drove up to the intersection right next to the school and then my heart skipped a beat. I. Was. Not. Ready.