1

minho's pov:

i've never been too fond of crowds. especially crowds full of teenagers. i was spending my lunch period the way i usually do, in the art room. nobody ever really went in there unless it was for a class. it was my safe haven.

i would sit, paint, and enjoy the silence. my favorite thing in the world is art. it doesn't even matter what form it is. i always seem to lose myself in the activity. when drawing or painting, i can be myself. fully and authentically me.

kids at school could be pretty mean, and honestly i didn't have many friends if at all. the kids in the art club were nice enough, but even they didn't care enough to get to know me. and maybe that's my fault.
i've always been a pretty closed off person. not wanting to show anyone my true colors or feelings. i've always been that way ever since i can remember.

my time of silence was interrupted by the art teacher, mr. kim, who had just returned from his lunch break. he was an eccentric man. he was tall, lanky, and always looked like he'd just rolled out of bed with his mane of raven, curly locks. he wore thin rimmed glasses that would hang right on the tip of his nose. he would often wear bright patterned shirts with high-waisted trousers that made all of his students snicker as he walked past. he was also the only openly gay teacher at our school, so he wasn't always treated as nice as he should be. he truly is one of my favorite people.

"oh! minho, my favorite student. how are you?" i chuckled slightly at his comment.

"i'm okay. just finishing last week's project, finally." i looked over at my most recent creation. my favorite thing to paint is flowers. i love flowers. i believe that they are the most beautiful things to ever exist.

"it looks amazing, as always." i smile in reply as he hurries to set up his desk for next period's class.

"and who are we hiding from today?" he gives me a knowing glance. it's no secret to him that this is my hiding spot. he often comes to eat with me and ask how i'm feeling. he's really one of the only people who truly cares for me.

"oh, you know,,
everyone." i say looking down at my paint brush, fiddling with the bristles. i can feel him looking at me as i turn to him. he gives me a sympathetic smile.

"well, you know how i am, i won't kick you out. but please promise me you'll try and put yourself out there. you're a good kid, and anyone with half a brain can recognize that." i smile slightly taking in his words. but i knew it didn't really matter what he thought of me. it was rather everyone else that determined whether or not i was deemed worthy of accompaniment.

"oh, and hey," he turns around once more.

"don't forget about the game tonight. we need pictures for the yearbook and you're the only one who can take decent ones." i chuckle at him.

"i won't let you down."

——————————-
word count: 539

a/n:
soooo this is the first chapterrrrr

it's a little slow but i promise it'll amp up.

stay tuned!!
- blake<3