: prologue

A very much "young" boy was wondering around a forest in an imperial city. This boy was a raven-haired prince with scarlet red eyes. He seemed like he was looking for something.

That thing was a small, ginger kitten, which also had some red markings. That cat somehow got his attention, considering the fact that furry creature had red fur. Before the little prince could even touch it, It ran into the forest. The prince followed it without thinking.

The young prince lost track of the kitten and got lost himself. The raven-haired looked around, trying to find the furry creature first since it might take some time to get out. He thought he might as well try to catch it and then find a way out.

'God damn. This forest is huge,' the prince thought.

He heard some noises nearby and decided to walk towards the noise. It sounded like something was scratching a tree followed by some meowing. You could barely hear the scratching though.

'It is has to be that cat,' the boy thought the obvious. He started to walk faster to the noise, as it was slowly becoming louder, so the animal won't suddenly disappear again.

He finally arrived at the source of all those noise, and he was right. It was the cat being the cause of the sounds. The cat was still meowing and scratching on the tree, it didn't even notice that the prince was nearby. The cat seemed like it was trying to climb up to reach something, but didn't know how to. It was probably because it was still just a kitten.

The prince looked above, curious what the little cat was trying to reach. To his surprise, it was a blonde girl with a cloak, probably some random wizard, or would she be called a witch? She also had blue eyes, which looked like crystals, and a pointy hat with some flowers on the side. Witch's hat probably? She had an apple in her hand, taking a bite out of it, while sitting on a tree branch, She noticed that the prince was looking at her so she waved at him.

While the witch looked like he was waiting for him to wave back, it was silent for a few seconds. Maybe because the prince had a ton of questions in mind.

It wasn't quiet anymore when the boy suddenly shouted, "Hey! Who are you and how did you get in here!"

"Woah--" The witch said as she was trying to stay on the branch she was sitting on. She was surprised from the out of no-where shout, so she started to stumble and looked like she was about to fall from the branch.

Thud

Yep, that woman fell down from the tree branch. The prince took a step back and the cat moved out of the way, trying to avoid being squashed by the blonde. The fall made her lay on her stomach with face flat on the grass. She got up after a second, still having her stomach on the floor, and was rubbing her head in pain. The prince just stared at her, not doing anything to help her at all.

The witch looked back at the boy, a bit annoyed, "Why did you suddenly shout like that? I bet the whole empire heard you!" The witch said rudely to him, as she was sitting up.

"I don't know! Maybe it's because you could have been an assassin trying to kill me or somebody nearby!" the boy responded a bit louder than he intended it to be. He jumped into the worst possible scenario he could have thought of when he saw her.

She had a blank face, but that changed when she started to hold in her laugh. The prince noticed that and looked as if she was crazy.

"Why are you laughing? You still haven't answered my question yet," he had an irritated tone when he was questioning her. The prince wanted to know who she was, and how did she even get into a forest in the imperial city? The prince was crossing his arms, waiting for the other's answer.