Kidnapped

Time is a concept that keeps the world moving. An indefinite thing. It creates the past, present, and future. It can go by seconds, to minutes, to hours until it'll eventually turns into days, weeks, months, and lastly, years. Nevertheless, time doesn't run fast or slow, but it all depends on the perspective of all living creatures, and in this case, time has already felt as slow as it can be.

It has been an entire month, and surprisingly, none of the folks in Inkwell can never over what happened. The fire at the restaurant that has now been laid down to ruin, nor the decapitation of a man found under the bridge would leave the mouths of the public.

But the most common one is with Paulina Jones, a young woman around her late thirties. Sources say that Paulina was brutally murdered in a way in what seemed like a wild animal attack. Most of her limbs, ripped off of their ligaments, and her abdomen was ripped open by the jaws of some mysterious beast. In her hand was a rusted knife, and in the center of the jagged blade was an eyeball. Her blood and entrails, painting the entire room in a grotesque manner.

Next to her bloodied corpse was a well-dressed man. His clothes were torn to shreds and his entire body has lost chunks of skin, almost as if he was burnt, hence the congealed blood inside his attire. One of his sockets was empty and dark as if it the organ that is used to obtain sight was ripped out of him.

"And in turn, I was the man in the well dressed suit." A slithering voice spoke.

It annoys the ruler of the underworld to bits that mortals still talk about Paulina. It didn't take long for them to comprehend who exactly she was to begin with. Why else was she holding a knife that had his eye stuck between the weapon?

She manipulated everyone with her side job and incredible acting skills. Inside, she cared little for humanity. She was so rich and powerful, and yet she desired to be even richer. That's why she didn't give a crap about who she seduced, nor did she killed with the help of hiring hitmen. After so long, her true colors were finally exposed, and everybody is calling her a crook. Serves her right, the creature thought.

A sensation across his back erases his irritation little by little, caressed by a hairbrush in the palm of his righthand man, staring directly at him through the mirror that his master was facing.

"And so, what did you tell them?" He asked. "How did you explain your side to them?"

"I told them that I hit my head very hard to the point where I don't even remember the fight I had with that bitch." The Devil explained.

"And they believed it? My, you're still good at the art of deception as always, sir."

"Thank you, Dice. Ha! Foolish mortals, yes they are."

In truth, he can recall every bit of detail of what happened. There was no wild beast. Instead, it was the Devil himself, turning and twisting his body to that of a monster, devouring and tearing Paulina apart as if she were a doll of swing around.

The only hinderances to his thirst for this woman's putrid coil was painfully getting his eyeball jabbed by his victim, as well as the church's influence on him. How so, you may ask? The only elucidation would be that a mystical power from the heavens above set most of his body on fire. A fire that wasn't even his own. But it didn't stop the demon lord from finishing the job.

Once her life was thrown away, he snatched his soul with what little power he had left, transporting it to the center of the Earth before eventually passing out. It rendered him immobilize to the very end, and yet the deity still lives.

After a few days of being in the hospital, the Devil escaped in the dead of night without any sign of leaving other than messy bed. He was as quiet as a mouse. In the end, he had someone to come pick him up in the hellavator.