1

The icy wind made the little paper boat dance under the river water, the girl looked at the boat now far away.

Wondering how far it would go, would it fall soon? Or would the pink sheet fall apart because it was wet?

Would the fragile boat be saved? Sailing in front of the fresh water, she stopped in front of another child.

The older one took the little pink boat in her hands, analyzing it, that was the only thing that brought her familiarity. The little paper boat reminded her of her grandfather who used to make little boats for her.

Only to see a smile appear on her granddaughter's face, but now away from home and her grandfather, the only thing that could bring her familiarity was the paper boat.

The only difference was that every time her grandfather did it was on a red sheet of paper and with the huge Zamolodchikova family emblem.

She missed all of this, Russia, especially the view she had of the city from her mansion. The freezing cold that made the girl shiver when she felt the icy wind against her body, she missed it so much. Milwaukee was known for its warmth, and it was driving her crazy.

She felt a tiny, fragile hand touch her shoulder, and then she looked over her shoulder, parting with a miniature Barbie doll. 

Her blonde hair was in a braid which was held back by a huge pink bow, and she was wearing a pink dress that went down to her knees and Mary Jane shoes on her feet, which were buckled and shined perfectly.

- That's mine! - she said, crossing her arms below her chest and looking at the shorter girl in front of her.

- That didn't have your name on it, did it? - Although Katya was smaller, she was the oldest among them, but that didn't seem to have any impact on the girl. - Well... that's what I thought, princess.

- Don't call me that! Besides, shouldn't you be ready for church? - The tall one asked, fiddling with her braid of hair, her bangs messed up by the wind.

Trixie looked at Katya, staring at her strange way of dressing for mass. Katya was wearing a Kiss t-shirt and short shorts underneath. She was barefoot and her feet were a little dirty from the mud that the rain had spread all over the city.

The look on Trixie's face made her feel dirty for the way she was dressed, not because of her clothes, but because she was not at the girl's level. To Katya the girl would be silently scolding her and would probably find the older girl filthy.

At that moment she remembered why she was there. Precisely to escape from the mass, but apparently she wouldn't be able to get out of there so soon.

- Do I look like I'm going to mass? - she answered as she put the little paper boat in the water and went back to playing with it.

The girl pretends to be on a ship, on an important mission for the Russian mafia, although she doesn't say anything out loud. Imitating the noise of the boat, and pretending to be disguising herself as a sailor in the midst of the boat's crowd.

He whispered a few things in Russian, making Trixie increasingly confused, and increasingly anxious about what she would see next. The younger girl then decided to join the older one in a pure game, pretending to be the sailor's wife.

But that moment was soon interrupted by Katya's father who didn't have such a good expression,for sure she would be screwed and then whispered a goodbye to sweet Trixie.

[...]

- .... And that's why I say not today, not today Satan! - Madam Dela Rio said in front of everyone, but the older one could notice the looks the lady gave Miss Delano.