Prologue

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"I'm so sorry- I couldn't return this yesterday. I was down with the flu," I muttered an excuse almost breathlessly, a bead of sweat running down my forehead.

The person in charge didn't look up, but rather hummed inconsistently as he scribbled away on the fine receipt.

I prayed that I would be excused for the one time in my whole life that a library book was due. I should be though, I hoped. Even though I was a member only for a week or so, the librarian (who was nowhere to be seen today) already had a soft spot for me.

"Look, I came here as soon as I could. Just please don't put a strike on my card," I said as I took a quick glance at the clean library record I had carefully begun to maintain.

"Listen princess," he started. I froze. "I'm in charge here. Turn in the book and the card, and you're good to go,"

I suddenly felt a crippling sense of deja-vu as his voice replayed over and over in my head. The surroundings and sounds became a blur as I found myself rooted to the spot.

My palms started to sweat, and I felt my throat go dry.

"J-josh," the words started to leave my mouth as he looked up at me.

And I saw a glimpse of those eyes, once more

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

A/N: Hey readers. This is my very first book and I'm super excited for you all to read it. This book is currently undergoing editing. I hope you all enjoy reading :)