Promise

All of happened to us felt like it was only yesterday. I close my eyes and remembered you.

The smile you showed me, the laugh you always let me hear... I know everything about you. From the food you love to the things that made you happy. I even know your foot size and body measurements because I always send you gifts especially during White Day, your birthday and Christmas.

I sighed at the thought of it. It's already years since then, love. I wonder what you are up to now.

I met you when I entered college. We studied the same course but since I'm an idol, I'm busy more than anyone else. Whenever I miss something out, I will always contact you and give me the notes for our classes. You're really a great help to me. I owe you so much.

I filed a hiatus for me to focus on the course. I'm also done with military training so it's fine. We enrolled together until we finished the course. We're happy with the company of each other. I'm really glad that I met you and got closer to you. I even make sure that you'll be home safe by driving you home. I met your mom and she was like, "Oh my goodness! It's Super Junior's Yesung!" She shouted with joy.

I was delighted. Who would not, right? Your mom is my fan. She even let me sing and really loves it. The next time I came to your home, I brought a lot of food and gave her an album of ours with the members' signatures. Your dad was even shocked when he saw me; he almost dropped his cup of coffee. Your younger siblings shouted like it's the first time they saw an idol. I cannot blame them since you live a normal, happy life. You're a daughter your parents are proud of. I can even see the respect your siblings have for you. I thought to myself, "Maybe if it's you, I'll be happy."

Everyone in your family approved of me, maybe because I'm an idol and my group's popular globally. It didn't really bother you despite my background and work.

Seeing you, studying with you, doing school stuffs with you became the usual thing for me. We see each other in university and talk 'til we ran out of words to say. I stared at you like you're the most beautiful scene I ever saw. Instead of feeling the awkwardness, you smiled at me. Did you know that it made my heart flutter? My heart was like it's gonna leap out from my chest. I vividly remembered that day. That was the day when we're alone together at the park in our university. We we're sitting together on the bench. I looked at you, wanting to ask something.

"Say, you wanna go out with me?" I asked you and what I saw next was your priceless expression. I'm guessing you might say that I never treated or saw you as a lady but rather a friend but you're wrong.

I truly, madly, deeply fell in love with you... I love everything about you, your simplicity and good personality.

You looked down and clenched your fists. I didn't say anything anymore because tears might come falling down your eyes. I don't know if you're happy or sad. I cannot explain but I'm here to wipe your tears away. But then you looked at me and tears escaped from your beautiful eyes, "It's not a dream, right?"

I smiled from ear to ear and bobbed my head. "I love you, Nari."

I pulled you towards me and kissed you. It was the best day of my life, so was yours. The kiss we had under that tree on that part of the park was definitely the most memorable one because that was when we conveyed our feelings for each other.

Days, weeks and months passed. Nothing changed except for our relationship status. You stayed the same. You might have some mood swings but I understood that. I still love you even if you always sulk when I forgot some things. Everything was going well for us. You met my family. They are so happy to see you, especially mom. Jongjin even described you as a lady of etiquette and I laughed at the description. Undeniably you were but I know how careless you were. Even dad noticed that and teased me for it, saying we're complete opposites. But what dumbfounded us was when you said, "But opposites do attract." I laughed and comfortably hugged you in front of them.