Times Have Changed

Later on that day, Tia Nicole Nicolson was waiting for football practice to be over so that she could meet Drew

                                     Later on that day, Tia Nicole Nicolson was waiting for football practice to be over so that she could meet Drew. Her parents had contacted her earlier that day, that they were going to go out for dinner and that Drew was more than welcome to accompany them.

                                     After about ten minutes of waiting Drew and the other boys on the football team made their way out of the changing rooms. She had been sat on the wall out front, listening to some music coming from her mp3 player as she waited.

                                     It would be a lie if Drew were to say that he was not expecting her to be sitting on the wall waiting for him, she had done it every practice for the past two years, when he had first joined the team. It was one of the things he looked forward too the most.

                                     What he had not been expecting though was an invitation to join the Nicolson family for dinner that day. It wasn't like it had never happed before but the times it had happened was few and far between.

                                     It had always been fun when he got invited to dinner, especially for Tia, who found herself laughing at her best friend for his crush on her little sister, who wouldn't even give him the time of day, let alone go on a date with him.

                                     Today had been no different, that was until Georgia had brought up the new boys, who had just arrived at the school. They had been sat at a table enjoying their meal and having a good laugh, when she had brought them up.

                                      "So The Ace gang and I did some digging into the new boys." That statement had caused Tia to freeze, her folk half way to her mouth. "Weren't you supposed to be showing them around Tia?" Shit Georgia wasn't supposed to remember the information from this morning.

                                      That morning Tia was all for showing the new students around the school with Drew but thing became somewhat difficult when Tia found out that the new students happened to be her ex-boyfriend and the love of her life, as well as his twin brother.

                                       "Yeah, they're decent lads. Drew seems to really like them," she paused before turning to her best friend wo was sat next to Libby, helping her cut up her food. In that moment she hoped Georgia could see Drew the same way Drew saw Tia "Didn't you Drew?" She questioned getting the attention off of herself.

                                       Drew, who had been to distracted to even notice that he was being talked to, finally realised that Tia was talking to him. He nodded his head, giving Libby a little tickle as he did so. "Yeah they're Great. Nearly every girl in our year has a crush on them. Especially Robbie," He froze after realising what he had just said.

                                      Tia looked down at the table hoping to ignore the statement but it was proving to be rather difficult, it became even worse when Georgia state that she also fancied Robbie. Why did favourite person have to fancy the love of her life when Drew was so in love with her. The two best friends looked at each other with an awkward smile on both their faces.

                                     "Robbie?" Her mother asked "didn't you have a boy...." she tried to continue but never got to finish the sentence because Tia nudged her ever so slightly. Her mother took one look at her and realised that the Robbie they were on about was the same person as the ex boyfriend Tia had left behind that day.

                                    Tia had come home ever so broken that night. At first they had thought Robbie had done something bad, that was until she had told him the truth. That he had told her he loved her and she ran away, scared to admit she loved him too, that she loves him too.

                                After that the dinner had gone so very much better. There was no more mention of the new students at the school at the wishes of their mother, who didn't want to see her eldest daughter in so much pain. A pain of her own making.

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹▫◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ

                                Back at the house Tia and Drew had vacated to Tia's bedroom at the back of the house in hopes their conversation could not be heard "Are you ever going to tell Georgia that Robbie is your ex-boyfriend?" was the first thing out of Drews mouth once he had made himself comfortable on her bed.

                                 Tia was standing by her pin board looking at all of her photos, in a world of her own "Are you ever going to tell Georgia, that your in love with her?" She retaliated. The looked  on Drews face told her everything that she needed to know. That neither of them were ready to tell Georgia the truth, either out of embarrassment or to keep her heart from getting broken.

                                 She made her way over to the bed to be next to Drew, the pair of them laying down next to each other, looking up at her ceiling that were covered in glow in the dark stars they had put up there when they were ten years old.

                                  Tia rolled over so that she was laying in Drew's open arms, for a long time after her break up with Robbie, Drew was the only person that she truly felt like herself with. They had found comfort in their friendship, it was something they both needed at the time.

                                  But that was all it ever was and that will all it ever will be, friendship. They were platonic soulmates and nothing more. "Times have really changed haven't they?" she question ever so quietly, only getting a hum in response.

(Lucy says !)

I would like to beg all of my readers for forgiveness. I know it has been a really long time since I updated this book. I have had absolutely no motivation to write this book for a while and recently I have moved up to Uni and things have been hectic to say the least. I promise that I will try harder to update this book form now on.

Much Love!

𝔀𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓫𝔂𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓼!