Chapter 18

Hours and hours are passing by as Raelles waiting in front of the surgery room. There hasnt been any response coming from the doctors or nurses for over an hour. Those that gave her a word about whats happening inside said only to wait because there isnt much to say about.

So the blondes waiting and waiting, minutes feel like hours the longer she sits there. Byron and Anacostia arrived at the hospital shortly after Raelle ran in. They both spent lots of time by the womans side but they headed home before the clock hit midnight.

But not Raelle, she cant leave her injured lover alone at the hospital. Theyve spent too much time in each others arms for her to abandon the brunette in such a situation.

Her eyes slightly getting heavier once the lights are turned off and only one lamp by the reception is left bright. A woman behind the counter looks at Raelle and sighs heavily with pity looking at the blonde.

Shes going to be okay. As far as I know the bullet didnt hit any of the most important internal organs. The receptionist walks out from behind the counter and sits down next to Raelle. She skirted the part about difficulties with Scyllas pregnancy.

I hope so. Shes all I have here in Salem. Its my fault that shes here and if something happens Im not going to forgive myself. I swore to protect them. Raelle leans back against the wall behind her seat.

The flashbacks from the house in the woods makes shivers run down her spine. Im still in shock after todays events. When her waters broke she asked me to choose a beautiful name. I was so pissed in that moment. She was literally dying in my arms saying goodbye asking me to take care of her child.

The blonde turns to look at the woman to give her the softest expression ever. I wasnt angry because she was saying all of this. I was mad because it felt like the future and I cant see my life without her by my side its just, I love her too much to let go.

I understand your pain. Sometimes its difficult to let go the people that we love the most, but we cant do much about their fate. You cant cheat death The receptionist says and looks down at her hands with a sight.

Raelle turns towards the surgery room and gets up from her chair. Can you hear that? The blonde asks thinking it might be her tired brain making her hear certain things.

Hear what? I cant hear anything, Miss. Its quiet in here. The nurse gets up and slowly walks back to the place of her work. She watches Raelle putting up a hand against the glass door as a tear rolls down the blondes cheek.

The babys crying Raelle whispers with tears coming up to her eyes. She smiles softly at the thought of everything being alright from now on. Its so beautiful. The woman whispers again and gently pushes the door open following the music made for her ears.

Raelles walking through the hallways of the hospital on her way to Scyllas surgery room. She takes a turn to the right able to hear quiet chatter behind the door in front of herself. Collar smiles softly thinking of seeing Scylla smiling at the baby.

The babys crying gets louder the closer Raelle gets to the room. She grabs the handle and pulls it opening the door. She steps into a room behind the glass able to see whats happening inside of the surgery hall. The doctors are standing around Scylla whos having her head turned to the side smiling softly at the baby that she can see in the corner of the room in the nurses arms.