Stanley and Douglas best friends forever

The night sky was cloudless, the air was stale and Stanley was walking his cat Douglass down the street. The year was 1972 and Cat killer serial killer was on the loose. His killing where unpredictable, rash and unplanned, no one knew when he would strike next. Stanley was weary of this but still kept on walking is cat Douglass in the middle of the night. The prime cat killing time. Stanley heard a rustle, but thought nothing of it and then he heard a bark. He panicked. His sympathetic nervous system kicked into to play. His eyes opened wide, his airways opened, wide mucous like saliva filled is mouth and urine trickled he down his leg. He had pissed himself. Stanley picked up Douglass and run, but without any warning the cat killer jumped in front of him. Without a second thought Stanley booted that mangey dog all the way to Zambia where it was mauled to death by a lion. Fitting really. Stanley began to calm down his parasympathetic nervous system kicked in, his airways returned to normal, his bladder expanded and normal saliva filled his mouth. Stanley kneeled down and kissed Douglas the cat on the head, exclaiming "I love you cuddle pie."