𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

Primrose couldn't help but stare at the man in front of her as she took in the words he just spoke. On the other side of the room, Rocket turned his attention back to his cellmates, completely shocked by the direction their conversation went. While she kept her eyes glued to Yondu, the Quill woman couldn't decide if she believed him or not. One of the first things Primrose ever learned was not to trust the former leader of the Ravagers, but there was a small part of her telling her he wasn't lying. That for the first time since she met the Centurion man, he was telling the truth. And yet, she still didn't want to believe him.

"You didn't know my father," Primrose finally said after finding enough courage within herself to speak, "my father was human. He never left Earth."

"That's what he wanted everyone to believe," Yondu responded while keeping his eyes locked with the woman across from him.

Curiosity began to mix with the disbelief in the Quill woman's veins as a million thoughts bounced around in her head. What felt like an eternity passed before she thought of the one question that would prove if Yondu was lying once again or telling her the truth for the first time in her life. "What was his name?"

A small smile appeared on the former leader of the Ravagers' face. "Jorvik Petrusson. But his Terran name was Jordan Parrish."

The world around Primrose seemed to slow at the same moment her blood turned into ice. A million thoughts swam through her head, all looking for answers to unsolvable questions. The Quill woman felt her heart beating rapidly in her chest as her breathing quickened. Everything felt upside down at that moment. And despite wanting to look away, her eyes stayed glued to Yondu's and she couldn't pull them away.

The shocked look on Primrose's face made the small smile on Yondu's face slightly grow. Not only did he finally take the genius by surprise, but the look on her face reminded him of her father. But the thought of his old friend made his smile falter. Despite the years that had passed since the man's passing, the Udonta man still blamed himself for what happened to Jorvik. After all, he was the one to send him off to Terra in the first place.

"So, are we just gonna sit around in awkward silence?" Rocket asked, drawing all the attention to him. When neither of the people in front of him said a word, he continued speaking. "Fine. I'll ask the question. How the h*ll did you know her father?"

Yondu just stared at the raccoon standing in front of him for a moment before his attention fell back on Primrose. He would keep the tale to himself if it were up to him. The former leader of the Ravagers hated thinking back to the last time he saw his best friend. But after seeing the curiosity in the Quill woman's eyes, Yondu knew there was no getting out of it. So instead of keeping the story to himself, the Udonta man let out a sigh and opened his mouth to respond.