Interactions

You woke, your eyes stinged, your body ached, your mouth full of a disturbing taste. You observed your surroundings, finding nothing but a small mattress and stained gray walls. You could see, but it hurt awfully. Where were you? You had no idea.

    Suddenly, you heard a groan coming from the opposite of you. With instinct, you made your way to the wall, as you saw an older man emerging from the door. He wore a mask, a wide grin stretching along it with devilish horns. He made his way towards you, each step made you shake. You were full of fear. ¨Please don't hurt me,¨ you pleaded. He sat on the mattress, directly in front of you and sighed; sounding more like a growl. ¨I won't hurt you. Don't be scared,¨ he said. ¨Would you prefer it if I wasn't so close?¨ You nodded, slightly confused why he was so considerate. You watched as he backed away from the mattress and kneeled on the floor so he could meet your level. ¨Are you hungry? I could get you something to eat, though, I am not the best cook,¨ he said with a chuckle. You shook your head hesitantly. ¨Thirsty?¨ Your mouth was so dry, you haven't drank anything since this morning, so you nodded. He nodded back, and headed out of the door he came in. Before he left, he glanced at you, then shut the door behind him. 

    You sat on the mattress, patiently waiting for his arrival. You fidgeted with your hands, intertwining your fingers and twisting them. What were you going to do? You were stuck, hopeless, and afraid. A man has captured you, though for some unbelievable reason he was sweet. But what if he was only like that now? You hoped he would continue this act to you, trying to avoid any way possible of getting hurt, or even worse, killed.  After all of your overthinking, he arrived with a bottle of water in his hand. Dasani was the brand. He placed the water carefully onto the floor, some distance between you. This made you more comfortable and safe, and you appreciated his thoughtfulness. ¨Here you go,¨ he mumbled. "Thank you," you uttered. As you made your way over to the bottle, he glanced at you. He looked so familiar. His voice, his eyes, his hair. Who was he to you? "My beautiful dove," he muttered. You couldn't quite make out what he said. "Huh?" You cocked your head to the side. "Nevermind that. I'll go now," he spoke. "What, why?" You sat down on the mattress, putting all of your attention on him. As much as you found it odd, you wanted him to stay. He was your only company. Down there alone, you were miserable. "What do you mean, why?" he mocked. "Sorry," was all you managed to get out. "I was kidding. Why? Do you want me to stay?" He questioned. "Mmhm.." you said, embarrassment filling your voice. "Doll, don't be embarrassed. Of course I can stay." You smiled, which made him smile as well, but you couldn't see it underneath his mask. He crossed his arms, and used the open frame to capture his weight. "You really are beautiful," he told you. "I am?" "Of course you are," he stated. "Look at yourself." He pointed at you. "Of course you are," he said again, though his voice lowered this time. You suddenly glanced away from him, what were you thinking? Why did you like this? He searched your body for any sign of discomfort, hoping he didn't make you feel that way. But he didn't find any. "Mm. Sorry, dove," he breathed. He shut the door, then slid on the frame. He sat a few feet away from you. "Thank you," you spoke. He nodded. You weren't so afraid anymore. You felt an unhealthy comfort in his presence.

    You both sat in silence as you watched each other carefully. He broke the silence. "Would you like to play a game?" He asked. "What type of game?" He scooted a bit closer to you, looking at you for your approval. You nodded. "We ask each other questions, and we have to answer truthfully. It's simple. The questions don't have to be entirely personal, they can just be normal. For example: your favorite color, pet, or whatever." He replied with. "OK." He giggled. "Me first. What's your name?" You thought carefully.

What if he took this as an advantage? Should you really say your name?

    But you were stuck here anyway, and you were sure he had no intention of letting you go anytime soon. You responded, truthfully. "Y/N. Now me. Your name?" He hesitated. "Albert. But you can call me Al," he uttered out. You laughed. "You don't seem like an Albert to me." He grunted. "I hate my name. But now my turn. He sat there for a few seconds, coming up of a question. "Biggest, most worst fear?" You shivered at his question. You answered almost immediately, "Ooh. The dark, definitely." He chuckled. "The dark? Really? I expected more than that," he said. You felt your eyes struggling to keep themselves open. He somehow noticed your tiredness, and took it to consideration. "I'll let you rest." He picked himself up using his arms to help balance, then walked over to the door. Without thinking, he shut off the lights and shut it. "Oh fuck, Al!" You yelled out. No response. "Al, please, I can't do this!" You sprinted to the door and banged on it. Within a minute, Al came running down. "Shit, don't do that Y/N! He could've heard you, and then.." He stayed silent for a bit. "Mm.. but yes, dove?" He shifted his weight into the frame of the door. "You forgot already. Can you please keep the lights on?" You implored. "Oh, fuck, sorry. I can't keep the lights on. If I shut the door, it automatically shuts off. And I can't keep the door open, you know. I can't bear for you to leave me.." He sighed. "Is there anything else I can do for you?" He added. "A candle, maybe? Or some light source. I dunno." You noticed something flashed in his head. "Ooh, yes. I have a candle, that'll be alright for you. Be back in a sec, dove." You watched him, as he ran as fast as possible to grab you the candle that you requested. He left the door open.

Was he even thinking about the door? Was he too focused on you? Why did he care so much?

    Before you knew it, he came back walking down with not one, but two litten candles in his hands. He placed them on the floor, and said that you could adjust them wherever you wanted.

    He walked past you and up the stairs, saying a soft goodnight, before reaching the top. "Goodnight," you smiled as you responded.

——————————————————————————
ANOTHER ONE☹️

i'm trying to get better at writing so i'm sorry if this is pretty shitty i'll try to edit later on...

1.1k+ words!! almost 1.2k

ty for any of the people who actually read the full thing, i'm trying to improve :)