||x||

a/n: they are such moms, it makes me wanna cry.
--------------------------------------------

Things haven't been the same since last Tuesday. Dinah feels like everything is slipping out of her hands. It's like a dream; a nightmare, to be exact. She's been living in a nightmare since last Tuesday. Whenever someone asks how is she she just tells them that she's great, because that's how she's supposed to be feeling. That's what everyone expects her to feel. On Wednesday and Thursday she was still trying to convince herself that she's happy, but by the time Friday morning rolled around she is done fooling herself. She is done lying to herself.

About certain things, at least.

Today is Monday, and Normani has not said a single word to Dinah since last Tuesday. She's been ignoring her for six days. It was six days ago that Dinah last had Normani's warm hand in her own. Six days since she last saw that twinkle in her ebony eyes when their gazes lock. Six days since she could last feel Normani's vanilla perfume fulfill her senses. Six days since her cuddle buddy found a new one. Six days since they last laughed together, six days since they last had a conversation, six days since Dinah last slept properly.

Dinah would like to say that she tried to fix the situation, but she'd be lying. She has tried to talk to Normani a few times, but after getting brushed off or rejected over and over, she kind of just gave up in a matter of minutes. When the other girls asked her about it she told them that Normani is just being overdramatic and that she needs to calm down. They didn't question it any further and haven't talked about the obvious tension between the two girls since then. Well, they don't know that Dinah has been crying herself to sleep for six days now, so it's not a surprise.

She tries to avoid thinking about it as much as possible, but it's quite difficult when they're in each other's presence pretty much 24/7. Just looking at her hurts like hell. Dinah prays every night that the next day she'll be brave enough to approach her best friend. Or is it ex-best friend? Dinah doesn't even know anymore. She wakes up each morning panting and clutching at her chest, because without Normani, it gets hard to even breathe sometimes.

She's been pretty miserable for six days now, to say the least.

She tries to not let the cameras see, because, well, she's Dinah Jane Hansen. The girl who wears snapbacks with heels, the girl who smiles because she feels no reason to frown, the girl who laughs the loudest at about anything, the girl who lives life with a care free attitude, and the girl who's the first to pose for a picture at any time of the day. She can't let them see that she's been a little dead inside for six days now (especially the fans, lord knows all hell would break loose).

Because Normani has been ignoring her since last Tuesday.

Normani has barely even looked at her since last Tuesday and oh god, how much Dinah misses her ebony eyes is unbearable.

Last Tuesday, the day Dinah started dating a boy named Nela.

**

"Mani, you wanna come?" Ally asks from a foot away. They're all sprawled out on the couches in the back lounge of the bus, Lauren and Camila watching American Horror Story, mostly under Camila's will, and Normani and Dinah typing away on their phones. Dinah had trouble keeping her gaze locked on the screen instead of on Normani's pretty face, but she tried her best to not let any of the girls notice her blatant staring.

"Where to?" Normani wonders as she looks up at Ally. Dinah's heartbeat quickens when she realizes what Ally is planning to do, since the Hispanic girl already invited her as well. Lauren and Camila rejected the invitation, so Dinah knows that nothing good will come out of this. And although Dinah knows it's not Camila and Lauren's fault that Normani will say no, she's still slightly upset at them because she knows Normani can only stand to be around her if there is a big crowd.