Six

———   Six ———

In the morning, Michael found Alexa sitting at the vanity in his room, doing her makeup. He remembered his talk with Dahlia and immediately became irritated. Seeing her in his his leather pants and boots didn't help his mood, either. Alexa smiled when she saw him in the mirror leaning against the door's entrance with his arms crossed.

"Good morning, pumpkin!" Alexa chirped with a smile. "What's with the grimacing?"

"There's a pest inside of my room who is wearing my clothes and using my eyeliner." He remarked, sarcastically. "Where are you heading out to?"

"The mall with Dahlia. That is okay, right? Since that's your girl and all."

"God, I forgot how annoying you are." He said, annoyed. "Dahlia can go wherever she wants for as long as she wants, but don't drag her into any bullshit. She's new to the scene and I don't want you scaring her away."

Alexa was amazed at Michael's protectiveness. She hadn't seen this behavior for years. "Michael, what's this girl to you? The boys said you met her a few weeks ago and just make out with her, which is your M.O., but the protectiveness is unexpected. I've never seen you react this way about a girl."

"Dahlia is just a sweet girl with a mundane life that is suffocating her. She wants excitement and adventure. I invited her to get just that, so don't make her regret it."

"I don't buy that and you know that. Sounds like you're catching feelings, but not accepting of the fact. That'd be the first girl since—"

Michael shot her a glare. "Watch it, Alexa. I can easily rearrange the band to leave you out of it."

"Oh wow! You really do like the girl." She laughed. "Alright, fine, Michael. We'll shop, have dinner, then meet you at the venue for our concert. Now, go kiss and make up with John. He's still upset you replaced him as a drummer."

Michael rolled his eyes. "Please, Alexa. I don't have time to coddle John today. I have three meetings regarding the band, one starting in 15 minutes. I need to head out now."

"Then make time, Michael. John looks up to you. He probably thinks that you don't believe he's good enough to be the band's drummer this tour."

Michael groaned. "Alright, Alexa. I'll talk to the imbecile before we go on. I'll see you then."

Michael stepped outside the tour bus and saw Dahlia curiously looking at his motorcycle, her white dress flowing in the wind. He walked behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Wanna get on?" He whispered in her ear. "I'll take you wherever you want to go."

Feeling Michael's breath fanning her ear gave Dahlia a rush of adrenaline that made her lightheaded. She closed her eyes and held his arms as she leaned against him. Michael smiled smugly, satisfied at the effect he had on her.

"Just a single touch and you turn into a wilted flower." He remarked, entertained. "Just say the word and I'll take you far away from here."

"Just like that? You'd drop everything and take me anywhere?"

"Just like that. You have my heart and soul. I'll do just about anything you ask."