Prologue

You twirled your pencil around in your fingers as you tried to focus on the problems in front of you, but both you and your best friend, Max, seemed to be distracted. Unfortunately, you both suffered from SEVERE ADHD, and you made the perfect chaotic duo... for everything that wasn't actually useful.

"Shit... what's 8 x 9?" Max said, glancing at his friend next to him. You glance down at your fingers for a brief second before reciting the answer. He looked bewildered.

"How on earth did you do that so fast?" 

You laughed, showing him a trick with multiples of nine and your fingers. He was so in awe by the simple trick that he did it over and over again. You keep giggling at how entranced he is when Alex walks into the room. 

"Hey- Oh... ew homework. Why would you want to do that?" She remarked. We jumped a bit, not seeing her come in.

"Well, actually, we keep getting distracted." You say, motioning to Max. Alex gives a knowing smirk and leans on the doorframe.

"Uhh-huh..." She says with a grin. This got Max's attention (for some reason) so he looked up in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

She smiled again. "You know... you're.... distracted." She said, giving Max a little wink. He still looked dumbfounded. 

Alex looked back and forth between the two of us, realizing that both of us still looked confused. She deadpanned, "Yeah, never mind, you two are hopeless."

And soon, hopelessly in love. But let's start at the beginning...