018, 𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐝𝐨𝐧

DEAR, EX

scarlettwheeler

scarlettwheeler

Liked by liamdowne03 and 12,947 others

scarlettwheeler i like this sweater

View all 74 comments

alaina sighs, looking down at her phone, sat across from scarlett. "he's still texting me," she rolls her eyes. "he said— why did she block me?? ask her why she blocked me. tell her to unblock me. i'm on my way. we're gonna talk about this."

scarlett scoffs. "i mean— who does he think he is?" scarlett slams her book shut, putting it in her bag. "i blocked him. can't he take a hint?"

"chase will never take a hint." alaina shakes his head, texting him an excruciatingly short reply and shutting her phone off, placing it face down on the table of the restaurant their in. "i won't tell him, but why did you block him?"

he always yells at me. he won't stop ruining any chance of me and chris existing again. he pushes me. he's slapped me. he always causes arguments with me. he hurt matt. "i'm just done with his toxicity," scarlett shrugs, pushing every genuine detail away. she learned the right responses to girls like alaina and tessa. she learned exactly what to say. all the time.

"i do not blame you." alaina snorts, and then, a voice occurs from behind them.

someone grabs scarlett's arm. "scar," chase says, holding onto her.

she glares up at him. stands up and pulls her arm away. of course he's here. he always has to show up. always has to pull this shit. "don't touch me, and don't call me that." she snaps, her eyes squinted and her brows furrowing in pure annoyance.

"what did i do wrong?" he desperately asks, ignoring what she just said. he places his hands on her upper arms, keeping a firm grip so she doesn't pull away from him this time.

"everything. yelling at me 24/7. what you did at the party—"

"oh, come on, scar, i was drunk."

"that doesn't excuse shit, chase." she scoffs. "and that's not even it. not only do you assault me and my friends, but you also ruin any chance i have with chris."

chase freezes. his grip on her arm tightens, and his expression of desperation falls to anger. pure anger and jealousy. and then, the anger goes away. he forced it to falter back to pain. hurt. "you mean chris a., right?" scarlett stares up at him. "chris p.? chris c.?" he continues to name every chris at school but him. suddenly, he pulls away from her and moves his hands into his hair, backing away when she doesn't answer. "oh, no, you don't mean sturniolo, do you?"

alaina stares at chase in disgust. he's a good actor, yeah. doesn't make him loom any less dumb. because everyone knows it's a trick. she was pretty sure that random guests nearby were aware, too.

his eyes form tears, one of them immediately trickling down his face. "come on, scar, you don't really. he broke your fucking heart, man. i could do better."

"chris never hit me or yelled at me," scarlett says. "yeah, we broke up, but shit like that happens." she walks closer to chase, looking up at him as he stares down at her, still crying. "i don't want you." her tone genuinely hurts chase. but he deserves it. "i never will."

she turns around and begins walking away. alaina immediately stands up and swiftly grabs her own things and scarlett's, then catches up and passes scar's bag to her. "no, don't do this!" chase cries out. his volume raises. his tone grows more painful. "you're all i want! you're all i have!"

scarlett laughs. she genuinely laughs. alaina joins. they both binged american horror story together. he's not slick quoting tate out of all people.

as the two girls get into scarlett's car, she sighs of relief. she finally actually stood up to chase. she stood up to that selfish, manipulative asshole.

she drops alaina off at her house.

and by the time she made it to chris',

the sky was a sunset filled with oranges and yellows with pink clouds.

a/n

ik this was likr the shortest chapter in the world but i am so outrageously sick rn. i think i'm gonna update sooner than usual i hope lol i'm so sorry for always updating late but i am SO sick rn

<333

(also did yall like her finally standing up to chase😜)

hahssjhsjfsk that's not the end of the angst btw