020, 𝐃.𝐈.𝐓.𝐑

DEAR, EX

scarlett has her head rested on chris' chest as the two watch scar's #1 favorite childhood show in the dark room

his hand is playing with her hair gently as the two lightly chuckle or giggle at the show, and she pulls out her phone to check the time. it's 8:30. "we've been watching henry danger for an hour."

"you haven't gotten bored." he shrugs.

"mainly because you ended up laughing so hard at schwoz's dumb joke you were holding your stomach and ended up choking on laughter." she says, then chuckles, replaying the recent memory in her head. "can't get over that."

"schwoz is so funny, bro." chris says.

"will you two shut the fuck up?" nick exclaims, turning to face them from the couch. matt has been seated next to him. "it's the good episode."

it was the episode dinner with bigfoot, where the mancave meets bigfoot.

"hey, isn't scar like, a henry danger nerd?" matt asks.

"she's a nerd about everything." chris says, matter-of-factly.

"well, no shit, but it's not normal for a seventeen year old girl to still be obsessed with a kid's show." matt tells her playfully.

"fuck you, i do want i want." she takes a sip of her cherry caprisun.

matt smiles. after chris and scar made up a little over an hour ago, matt and her talked. he told her that he was proud that she told him. proud that she stepped up to chase.

"did henry just call ray daddy?" chris asks.

matt laughs.

"no, no! that's out of context." scarlett tells him.

"i would like context."

"no. it's not my fault you weren't listening."

"i wasn't listening because you matt were talking. you only know because you watch this show religiously at your grown age."

"the show talks about boobs in two episodes. the first one, and brawl in the hall! it's not that much of a kids show."

"the fact you know how many times boobs are mentioned and what episodes it is speaks volumes." nick buds in. "and in 2014, every nickelodeon show talked about boobs at one point."

"kids shows are good, i don't care." scarlett says.

"what about umbrella academy?" matt asks. "we all finished season 2."

"that show is reserved for nick's room." scarlett shrugs.

"why?" chris asks, taking a sip of his pepsi.

"because, that's where it originated. watching nickelodeon originated from your room, so we will forever do it in here." she shrugs. "i don't make the rules."

"then who does—" nick starts.

"wait, why the fuck isn't there anything for my room?" matt asks.

"your room is bland as shit." chris speaks for everyone in the room.

"you have a bed, tv, and shoes, right?" she asks matt.

"i have hats too." he defends himself, then changes the topic to get himself out of it. "shut up, henry danger." he and everyone else turns back to the screen.

after not even a minute, of course the silence has to break. "can we watch sam & cat?" chris asks.

nick and matt audibly groan. "no." scarlett says. "we are watching henry danger."

"i wouldn't mind sam & cat," nick mentions. "i just wish chris would shut the fuck up."

"fuck you, nick." chris says.

"fuck you!" nick fires back.

when matt sighs and picks up the remote, clicking out of henry danger, the room is filled with silence. suddenly, scarlett here's the rain. she turns to chris with a smile on her face.

usually, he'd be like really? and debate it, but there's no way he'd pass up on this. the two stand up from the bed. "you two go ahead and start it, we'll be right back." chris says.

as they run out of the room, they mindlessly, and out of revived habit, interlock fingers and run down the stairs, then outside and into the rain.

smiles overcome both of their faces as they run into the street that's strictly lit from mailbox lights and streetlights.

as rain pounces against the paved road, chris immediately spins her, and then pulls her back in. then the two pull away from each other, their hands locked.

of course, this 'dancing in the rain' thing was her original idea. they came home from going to mcdonalds together, and ended up dancing in the rain. she had to teach him, since he was horrible at it, but after all the times she taught him, he got the hang of it. the two both thought it was cheesy and dumb, but they loved doing it.

they usually had an airpod in while lover, their first dance song, played, but neither of them cared for music at the moment. just each other. chris takes her back into his arms and they stop dancing, still holding hands.

chris always denied liking dancing in the rain.

but scarlett knew he loved it.

"jump in that puddle!" scarlett points to a puddle on the sidewalk, and chris looks at her, and shrugs. nothing could go wrong. he lets go of her hand, then steps up onto the curb and approaches the small area of collected water.

he looks down at the puddle at his feet, and he braces himself. just as he's about to jump, he stops himself. "what if i fall?"

"you won't, chris!" she reassures him, and at that, he jumps in.

but to both of their surprise, he slips and ultimately busts his ass.

he groans and lays down on the wet pavement as she bursts into laughter. "you said i wouldn't fall!"

"and you didn't. you slipped." she says through her laughter as she pulls him up. "wanna go in?"

"yes, i wanna go in!" he says as if was obvious, and she just laughs as the two make their way to the. back door.

and at her smile, he can't help but feel a grin growing on his face, too.

a/n

this chapter sucks but dw there's gonna be a good 5-10 more chapters of happiness!! at least the rest will be better than this one😍👏

am i on my grind omg #yes