𝐢𝐢𝐢: 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗵𝘂𝗿𝘁 :𝟑

♪♫❝ ᴵ ᵗʳʸ ᵗᵒ ᵗᵘʳⁿ ᵒᶠᶠ ᵐʸ ᵐⁱⁿᵈ
ˢᵃʸ ᴵ'ᵐ ᵈᵒⁱⁿᵍ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᶠⁱⁿᵉ
ᴮᵘᵗ ᴵ'ᵐ ˢᶜʳᵉᵃᵐⁱⁿᵍ ⁱⁿˢⁱᵈᵉ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ⁽ᵒʰ⁻ᵒʰ⁻ᵒʰ⁻ᵒʰ⁾
ˢᵃʸ ᵗʰᵉˢᵉ ʷᵒʳᵈˢ ᵒⁿ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ
ᵂʰⁱˡᵉ ᴵ'ᵐ ᵗʳʸⁱⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵗʰᵉ
ᴺᵒʷ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᶜᵒᵘⁿᵗⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ᵐᵉ ❞♪♫
— 𝙵𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝙰 𝚂𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚎 ʙʏ 𝙰𝚕𝚊𝚗 𝚆𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚎𝚛 & 𝚜𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚖 𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚎

━━━━ •┈••✦ 🖤 ✦••┈• ━━━━

˖⁺‧₊˚⚜️🎭⚜️˚₊‧⁺˖

𝐻𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 the training arena to inspect their newest recruits; he knew they could use the training.

"Golden Guard," the boy was met with the familiar heir, who wore a cold expression.

The blonde could hear Annika's theoretical insults piercing his mind when he made eye contact with her hazel irises.

         'Belos's worst disappointment'

'second place'

'pathetic'

       'the worst'

'lazy'

'weak'

"What do you want?" Hunter returned the same cold expression.

Annika replied with a raised brow. "So even a simple 'hello' aggravates you?"

The blonde crossed his arms and furrowed his brows. "Don't act like we're on good terms. Because we're not."

The girl sighed in frustration. "Just forget it. I don't have time nor energy to argue with you today," she walked away before he could utter another word.

Hunter raised a brow but remembered he had important matters to attend to, so he walked to the training arena.

˖⁺‧₊˚⚜️♛⚜️˚₊‧⁺˖

After Annika glanced back to where Hunter was, she caught up with Lilith and greeted her. "Hi, Lily."

"Annika," she began—her voice was stern. "Remember what I told you?"

"I know, I know," Annika sighed and quoted one of Lilith's advice. "'Don't bother talking to someone whose pride is bruised or has a big ego.'"

"Then why do you keep doing the opposite?"

Annika looked down at the floor. "Because everyone else either quivers in fear or treats me like a god who relies on others to help them with basic shit," she then added. "Except for you and the Golden Guard."

"But he treats you like a challenge, not a person," Lilith commented.

Annika shrugged. "Hey, it's not like I give him the time of day like I used to last year. I'm not as desperate as I was two years ago."

"If that brat treats you that way every time you give him a simple greeting, then it's best to ignore and move on from an asshole like him," Lilith advised.

Annika playfully gasped. "Lily! Such foul words you speak."

The older witch rolled her eyes before she touched the girl's shoulder and softly spoke. "Anni. I know you want friends your age, but befriending that boy can't be your only option."