Untitled Part 1

Hunter Haack

Period 2

Mr. Schut

The domino effect

Picture in life being a big domino, expected to lead the little dominoes who walk behinds you safety across a vast desert this desert is called life. You walk step by step in the heat, caring for those around you. You are expected to be strong, even when in the inside you're the weakest. You're fighting an internal battle. The problem though doesn't exist only on the inside, surrounding you are thousands of colored better looking, smarter dominos. They throw rocks, aiming for your base the part you need the most. The rocks chip away your base making it wobbly to stand. The problem is they can never chip away that last strand. Only you can. This voice above you let's call it your brain is constantly shouting for you to cut it. The little dominoes behind you let's call them your friends, shout encouraging words. They are the only reason you're here. The colorful ones let's call your enemies, sometimes give you a brake letting you get your base strong and stable once again. Only to come back, they are worse than ever and quicker than before your left with only your string. On the way you meet an old wise man let's call him suicide, he sides with your brain. He stumbles behind you for miles and miles pushing and pushing until you finally brake. You take the rock he offers you and hit your string repeatedly until finally it snaps. You fall. Trying to save the others you try and fall the other way, it doesn't work. All the littles every last one falls with you. As your last breath comes you sense a change you see lines being formed and new colors showing up the ones throwing rocks at you are no longer there they have their own lines. You finally realize that all this is a big game every piece effects the next. Finally the light fades all at the extent of your own hand.