𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛- 𝐿𝑢𝑐𝑦'𝑠 𝐶𝑎𝑓𝑒

Robin's socks were sitting uncomfortably in her shoes. The pain of breaking-in newer items was always excruciating, but she figured that a simple bike ride to the Café would do them at least a bit of good. She hadn't planned to get new doc's anytime soon (as they were famous for lasting a lifetime), but somehow, matching perfectly to the chaos she ensued, they had managed to become unwearable. Another thing that wasn't planned was her taking her bike, but in the given moment, it seemed like a better option.

The mood of the day was fairly peaceful, the odd bird flying overhead or an unusually timed rodent scrambling in the road. Days like this were favoured in Hawkins, and although the roads were pretty quiet, she knew that the main area would be packed and bustling with people.

Rounded helmet sat wonkily on her head, making her immediately realise that wearing it was a mistake. Comfortability was one point, but the hideous helmet-hair was another- two things that Robin would have to deal with seen as she was already over halfway there.

Buckley advanced down the paved roads, winding the peddles and picking up a pace as she entered the main flow of Hawkins Downtown... only to find out that she was completely wrong. The street in which she thought would be bursting with activity was barren apart from a dainty few milling about next to shop windows and gossiping with their friends as they walked. Robin didn't care. She preferred it, actually.

From estimated time of arrival, the traveller knew that as Melvald's General Store zoned into view, it was going to be approximately sixteen-minutes to twelve, which was a whole minute before the time they had arranged to meet- and as always, Robin was correct.

She smiled to herself, trying to blow away a strand of hair that had entered her mouth. Melvald's was standing proudly in front of her, sign clear in view. Her bike slowed, chains rattling, breaks squeaking. All appeared to be fine, just as planned- until she stopped and dismounted her ride.

The nerve washed over her like a spell.
Reaching up carefully for the helmet buckle, Robin took a moment, breathing deeply as she lifted the item from her head. The glass of the general store was placed almost perfectly for her to fluff up her hair again, positioning it to how it was previously as she gulped down her worries. Buckley didn't know why she was nervous...she just was.

She brought her hand down from her blonde, resting it on the bike seat to balance the frame. It was a waiting game; counting down the minutes until Joyce Byers would turn the corner with a smile on her face and a greeting for the waiting woman. Quite a nice thing to be expecting, she thought.

It was quite boring, so people watching was the task that she settled on, following the two women with brown hair, wondering what job the older man pursued, and wondering what school the toddler who was screaming went to. It was all information she'd never know, but was all information that would appear in her mind in a few years, jumping from behind the shadows during a three a.m deep think. They were interesting things to ponder.

A minute.

Another minute.

And then, just like that, the person she was waiting for rounded the corner.
Bag over shoulder, rosy cheeks formed with a smile, the mother stepped closer, spotting the person she was meeting with.

Distance got smaller and smaller, smile becoming wider. Robin smiled, too. She liked to see the cheer on the woman's face as she met proximity, serenading her with hellos.

"Robin!" She greeted, pulling the other into a hug.

Buckley chuckled, one hand still placed firmly on her bike seat. It was a nice welcome, a good distraction from what was happening at the front of her taunting mind.