Chapter 2

✩✩✩✩☆

Clover sat at the Country Club bored out of her mind, she was constantly getting stares from people that she put her head down. Then she went to the food table and saw a girl her age

"What do you recommend?" She asks the girl, who looks up at her and smiles

"The pretzel bread is to die for" The girl smiles, Clover smiles back taking a piece of the bread onto her plate.

"I'm Clover Holland," She tells the girl

"Aisha Robinson" The girl introduces and they continue talking about anything and everything. Then sitting by the pool, chilling out, she was even thinking about going for a swim. She decides against it and they soon begin to head home where she prepares for the next day, the first day of a new school. She packed in a random book for the first day, just until she got her timetable. Then she just scrolled on her phone for ages. Until Clover finally realised the time and decided to head for bed.

The next day Clover woke to her alarm going off, she groaned and rolled back over. Her annoying brother jumped onto of her

"Come on Clove, the first day of school. If I have to get up, you have to" Miles says, annoying his sister awake.

She goes into her closet to get something on for the day and heads out to the living room where her family is eating dinner. Her father worked for LaRusso Auto and her mum didn't have a job. They may live in this rubbish house. They were pretty packed with money but just loved living there for some unknown reason. Miles drove the both of us to our new school, then headed to the office for schedules.

She wandered around lost until she walked up to this boy with brown hair.

"Hey, do you know where this classroom is? " Clover asks him, the boy turns around, putting his hand up to his lip like he is covering it. He looks at her shyly, when what she thought was maybe his friend walked up to them, wondering what it is the girl wanted.

"Can you show me to this classroom?" Clover asks them, and they nod.

"We're in that class," The boy with black hair says. She smiles as they show her to it and Clover goes to sit with them.

"Is it alright if I sit here" Clover questions, the boys shake their heads, motioning for you to sit down. Clover smiles a bit then starts to pay attention in calculus, which she didn't like that much.

Lunch came around, you sat with those boys, after talking in calculus with the two then Demetri in Science and Eli in English, you had a bit in common with the two. Clover looks over to see Aisha in the cafeteria line and wave to her, she waves back.

"Is it cool if I sit here?" Clover heard a voice say, she turned to see Miguel and smiled.

"Ooh, sorry, the table is really blowing up right now. I can put you on the waitlist, but it's probably next semester at the earliest." Demetri says, sarcastically

"Okay," Miguel says in defeat, guess he doesn't know sarcasm that well.

"No, I'm kidding. Sit." Demetri reassured him.

"Miguel." He says to the two boys

"Demetri. This is Eli. He's a man of few words. This is-" Demetri says, then Clover cuts him off.

" I know him already, he's my neighbour," She tells them. Then these girls walked in, they looked like rich prissy girls.

"Dude, don't torture yourself. Those are the rich girls." Demetri says, her suspicions were correct

"Do you ever talk to them or...?" Miguel asks.

Oh, yeah, all the time. We hang out after school. Make out, give each other hand jobs. Eli here is the homecoming king. Gets laid more than anyone. Isn't that right, Eli?" Demetri says, once again with sarcasm. Eli laughs a bit

"Talk to them? You realise what table you're sitting at, right? You've pretty much signed away all hopes of losing your virginity before college." Demetri says, dramatically.

"Oh, shit, Yasmine's looking at us. Probably just making fun of me." Eli says, covering his lip. Clover frowns and pats the boy on the shoulder.

"I don't think she's making fun of you. I mean, just because they're hot doesn't mean they're mean" Miguel speaks.

"I don't care if Yasmine is the meanest girl at school. I'd kill all three of you just to get her to spit in my face." Demetri says

"Feelings mutual" She responds, the boys giving her a look

"Yeah, well, if you don't make a move, you're never going to have a shot with her." Miguel points out

"True, but I'll also never suffer a humiliating rejection. I'm at peace with my depression. The last thing I need to be is suicidal." Demetri says, again dramatically

"Your such a drama queen, Demetri," Clover tells him, Miguel suddenly gets up from the table

"What are you doing?" Demetri asks

"Striking first," Miguel replies, walking towards the rich girl's table

"Oh, shit, I hope we don't get hit with the shrapnel," Demetri mutters, Miguel didn't make it that far before Kyler and his goons sit over at the table. He walks back

"So how'd it go," Demetri asks, already knowing the answer. Miguel looks at him then goes back to his lunch.

After school mum picked up Clover and Miles, ready to take Clover to another appointment, she looked at her hair in the mirror making sure it isn't coming off anywhere, with all this treatment, she lost a lot of her hair but she couldn't walk around school like that, it would just drag attention to her that she didn't want.

After her appointment, they go to the shop for Halloween costumes for the Halloween dance which was coming up soon. Clover decided to go as Cher from Clueless. Before heading home and texting Eli, making sure he was alright.