Chapter 17

✩✩✩✩☆

Well going straight home was a lie, they stopped by In n' out for dinner just for a little treat and they were hungry as well. They may have sat there and chatted for way too long as the sun started to set and dusk started to come upon them. They put their rubbish in the bin and drive down the roads blasting music and singing together. They drove for longer than they should as if they were avoiding home.

They finally made it back, it was dark inside. Their parents don't go to bed that early. They unlock the door to see their parents on the floor and figures standing over them.

"We know you're lying about her, give us our money" One said, panic arose in Clover's body. She sneaked up behind them as they were about to take Clover and Miles's mother. She blocked the figure from hitting her but the other kicked the back of her knee harshly, kicking it out of place. Clover lets out a yelp of pain as you drop to the floor, the other punches her face, causing blood to rush from it.

"Stay down, stay out of it" The figure tells her firmly. She felt hopeless in that situation, the other figure made sure Miles made no further attacks on them as they continued pestering their mother. Sobs rack through your body at the pain of your knee out of place and these mysterious people who had broken in. A siren had made them jump and decide to run out, her brother came rushing to her first with a tissue to stop the blood from dripping on the floor as their father helped his wife up. He took his wife upstairs to bed, Miles took the opportunity to take Clover back out to the car and get her to a hospital quickly.

Turns out she dislocated her knee, she wouldn't tell them how it happened and refused to, they decided not to push it any further and put it back into place, then giving her some crutches to use while it heals. She was released and they made their way back home late that night. They didn't know how she would be able to do stuff tomorrow as punishment. She got herself to bed, she was exhausted.

What only felt like a couple of hours later, she got up and had to quickly get ready to go as she woke up just a little bit late, she walked downstairs and saw Miles already there. They both leave before their mum and dad awaken. Heading to where they had to go. They arrived in time to start when she was walking down there, her friends looking at her worried.

"Clover what happened?" Aisha asked, concerned for the bubbly girl

" Uh, just a little accident," Clover says, not wanting to speak about it anymore. They were mixing concrete, she wondered what it was for?

When Kreese walked over to her, she looked up at him. He was looking at her knee. Kreese then walked over to sensei, she was confused by the encounter.

"Miss Holland your out" Kreese says, Clover's jaw drops

"I'm what?! I was on time" Clover replies back, shocked at his words. She looked over at Sensei in disbelief.

"Well you're defective, you can't serve out your punishment," Kreese tells me.

"This is bullshit, sensei are you for real" Clover exclaims, sensei sighs.

"Miss Holland, I'm sorry, you're off. With your knee, you can't serve your punishment" Sensei tells me. Anger boils in her veins.

"Whatever" She grumbles

"Woke up early for fucking nothing" She continues, using her crutches to walk away from them. She went over to the one person who may or may not be up at this time.