𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐈Mahalia Reign Clark22 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐥𝐝

𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐈
Mahalia Reign Clark
22 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐥𝐝

—————————— ♥ ——————————

Mahalia and Mynazja walked hand-in-hand, passing by the many gravesites that surrounded them.

"Watch out pooh." Mahalia pulled Mynazja toward her, seeing that she was about to step directly on someone's grave.

They passed by many flowers, photographs, and candles laid upon gravesites. It was sometimes so surreal for Mahalia being at the cemetery. Seeing all the gravesites of people who lost their lives. A lot of the times, her mind struggled grasping the idea of death.

"Mama.. she cry." Mynazja tapped her mom before pointing to a woman, sitting next to a headstone with tears streaming down her face. Mahalia looked over at the woman before addressing Mynazja.

"It's okay baby. We all get sad sometimes." Mahalia assured her but the pout never left Mynazja's face.

"I give hugs?" She looked up at her mom, hopefulness in her eyes and Mahalia gave her a small smile. She loved how sweet her child was. The innocence of a child was the most precious thing to her because they weren't tainted by the evil in the world. She admired that about children, and specifically her own daughter.

"No hugs baby, I'm sorry. We have to be respectful of her and her loved one who has passed. She may just want to be alone in this moment." Mahalia told her before they continued walking.

Soon enough, they arrived to the familiar gravesite that they visited every other week.

Our beloved Father and Husband
Malik Nazim Clark
Feb. 5, 1986 ~ Nov. 17, 2014

"Poppy!" Mynazja called out, running before sitting next to the headstone. Mahalia smiled before following after her and doing the same. She wiped the specks of dirt from her father's headstone before placing the red camellias in front of it. Red was his favorite color.

"Hi daddy." She said softly, looking at the crystal white, marble headstone that was engraved with a large cross. The black letters that identified her father were written beautifully across the marble. She gently ran her fingers across the smooth surface before the tears pooled in her eyes.

Visiting her father never got easier. In fact, it kept getting harder even after eight years.

Malik was the best father Mahalia could've asked for. Having her at just fifteen years old, he did everything he could to be the father he never had. He supported Reneé through every single part of her pregnancy, all the while still attending high school and working two jobs to be able to provide for his family.