Main Story Part 1 - Intro

Basil's POV:

my life has been a mess, I sat there peacefully sketching the beautiful flowers I had planted last month, Classes have been hard and I'm still somehow able to find peace when I spend time like this, classes just ended, classrooms were empty...most people where making their way through the halls to grab their stuff, but I'm still here, even when I should be studying. I miss my grandma, she would always be at home, I could always talk to her...but now I'm all alone at home. Polly left after getting another job... and Sunny can't come to visit anymore. I really miss the old days, when me, Sunny, Aubrey, and Kel would all walk home from school together... even though Kel and Aubrey didn't always get along, they would always tease me and Sunny, and we would tease them back, it was really fun...I hope I can do that again someday... 

DING! Oh...Someone is texting me? I guess I should check it....

huh? why is Kel texting me?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kel🏀 : Basil! you have to see this!

Basil🌸: huh? did something happen? also, why are you texting me?

Kel🏀 : just come look! I promise you'll like it!

Basil🌸: can you just please tell me what's going on?

Kel🏀 : finee I'll tell you

Kel🏀 : *sent an Image*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basil sat in his seat for about two seconds before he grabbed his book bag and ran to the school entrance, he was so fast he almost ran into several other students as he desperately ran to the entrance. 

no doubt, Aubrey and Kel were already at the entrance waiting for him...Basil couldn't believe his eyes... he saw someone he hadn't seen in years....

"Sunny, is that really you?" 

Basil started to break into tears, Sunny stood there at the front of the school, he hadn't seen Basil yet, he aimlessly looked around trying to find a familiar face...

Basil ran up and gave his best friend a tight hug. Sunny just stood there in shock, he looked down and realized the person hugging him was Basil, he blushed slightly before hugging him back.

Kel walked over to Aubrey and bumped her shoulder, 

"hey! don't forget us guys!" Kel yelled

Sunny and Basil looked up to see Kel and Aubrey staring at them from a distance

"Kel! you just ruined the moment!" Aubrey exclaimed

"N-no no! e-everything's fine! you didn't do anything wrong Kel...haha.." Basil said as he broke the hug.

"whatever..." Aubrey said as she walked over dragging Kel behind her.

"oww! you don't have to drag me!" Kel whined.

"as if you and Kel don't do this too" Sunny said as he grabbed Basil's hand. Aubrey's face suddenly turned a bright shade of red 

"w-what!? a-are y-you even saying?!" Aubrey said as she dropped Kel onto the pavement 

"oww!! why'd you drop me Aubrey!!" Kel complained as he got up off the pavement and continued to walk over to Sunny. 

"u-uhh -u-mm...Sunny?" Basil asked Sunny looking at both of their hands.

"Oh sorry! I guess it was just a reflex" Sunny said as he let go of Basil's hand. Basil just looked away in embarrassment. 

"is it too late for a group hug now?" Kel said with a disappointed look on his face.

"of course not Kel" Aubrey said. Aubrey grabbed Kel's hand as they all shared a group hug . they stayed like this for a few minutes. before Kel broke the silence

"Oh crap! I'm gonna be late for dinner! I gotta get back before mom gets mad at me.." Kel said while taking out his phone "you guys should exchange numbers with Sunny before he goes" 

"where is he staying?" Basil asked out of curiosity

"Did you not get the email? I'm staying at your house silly" Sunny said with a warm smile. it took Basil a couple seconds to processes what he just said.

"What??!" Basil said as he looked at his phone to check his inbox, there was 1 unread message. Basil read the entire email before looking back up at Sunny to respond.

"well, I'll be going now...let's call later okay Sunny?" Kel said. Sunny nodded in response.

"I'll go too" Aubrey said before running to catch up with Kel. leaving Basil and Sunny alone in silence..

"let's just go back to your house" Sunny said

"y-yeah.." Basil responded

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry if this part is short, I'll try to make longer parts in the future :') 

thank you for reading the first part! hope you enjoyed!