Author's Note

I would just like to start this note off by saying that I know many people will not stop to read this note, but those of you who do - thank you!

I am aware of the age of Tate Dutton. I know he's supposed to be around eleven or twelve, possibly thirteen but I'm making this anyway. This is not going to be where they are just gonna love each other and do this, that, and the other. My OC and Tate are obviously children. But they are growing up, and while they won't be doing anything like sex in this story (because of their ages) this is still technically a romance story. Hand holding and cheek kissing is a thing that will happen. And if I feel like it, they could possibly have a small innocent kiss too.

My OC, Connie, will be Carter's little sister. She is flawed and she and Carter has been through a lot - or at least the show insinuates they have. She's loyal to her brother and she's not good around other people until she thinks she can trust them, and when she does she gets attached. Carter is her hero, and he takes care of her. They are all the family they have. She will do anything to keep him safe and he will do the same. She's also like every other pre-teen, someone who thinks they are older than what they actually are.

This story will be the "love at first sight" trope, at least it will be for Tate. She, of course, will have an instant connection with him, considering he is the only kid on the ranch that's her age. Also he's her first real friend, which she will cherish forever.

I know that Tate does not have a lot of screen time, however, this is a Tate fanfic - which means I'll be making scenes for him and the two of them together. The timeline will most likely be off, but I'll try to keep most of everything the same as the show.

With all that being said, I understand that I may have grammar or punctuation errors, but I'm not a professional writer. I do this for fun. I haven't had motivation or inspiration in a long time, and rewatching Yellowstone has made me want to write again. Maybe I'll even write a Rip Wheeler or Kayce Dutton story. I know I'll make mistakes, but you don't have to point them out every chance you get. I go back and constantly read my stories and if I want to change it I will, if I don't - don't worry about it.

If you want to star and comment on chapters, do that. But don't write mean and rude comments! Some people don't understand that when you comment rude things, it makes them not want to write their story anymore. And it's really not fair to the people that do comment nice things and do want you to continue writing.

So to dumb it down: if you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all.

Thank you in advance for all that like this story and are as excited as I am about writing it. I don't have a schedule on writing, I just do it when I have time or when I want to. I'd like to put a chapter out at least once a week, but I don't see myself doing that. So please be patient.

Hope you all enjoy!