Chapter 1

'Y'know, they had a special food for y'all's family too," said the bounty hunter, Ryley. "I think it was some sort of milk for you, and a sweet potato of some sort for Liam. Its spiky and purple, if I remember correctly."

"Really?" said the cleric, Michael. He took a sip of his drink.

"Really." She paused, to sip. "Yeah, just like Sean, Josh, Cayden, and Jessi. I think Sean's is a type of black eel, Josh's is a dark, dark red wine, an' Cayden's is a dark espresso. I forgot what Jessi's is. But, like, they have it. Y'all's was forgotten, to history. On'ly the ancients know what it was, an' they're dead!"

"Huh. I should inform Liam, I guess."

"'ya should. If it makes us this powerful—" she flexes an arm "—it would make y'all powerful, too"

"Huh," said the cleric. "Are you sure? You sometimes set people on wild hog chases, just like Pepper—"

"she's a thief o'course I would do that; she has a million-dollar bounty!"  She then grits her teeth, "she always gets away. Slippery, that one."

"I've heard. How about Jacob and the enchantress? Have you gotten them yet?"

"No, not even the aloof one with the magic mushrooms. As for the awry prince—" she jingles the money bag "—I got him. Dude's a traitor to the Dark Choco kingdom. I'd have felt bad, but there 'aint no excuses for being a traitor to your own kingdom" she smiles at the money bag, "over 100k coins! That's a lot"

"His dad was tortured and killed by the enchantress, though."

"The prince joined the dark side's cause, remember?" Ryley scoffed. "As you said, the dark side killed his father."

"I will try to pray for his recovery."

"Don't" said Ryley. "he's too far gone. No point. Prayer don't fix nothing, either."

"I try to keep faith." Said the cleric. "I gotta go." Michael slaps some coins down on the table "here, for the drinks."

He left the bar. Others waved at him, nodded their heads, patted his shoulders. He'd wave back, smile, nod, and get uncomfortable. He went to the training center, for the solders, and saw Liam.

Liam had dark skin; it had a tint of purple to it. He was shirtless, and Michael flushed.

Scars up and down his torso, his long dreads in a bun.

"Hey, Liam?"

"WHAT?" he yelled. He's always like this.

"Jeez, I was trying to tell you that we had a 'magical food' as well"

"WE DO?" Liam said, sweat dripping down his face, to his chest.

"Ryley told me, I don't really believe her, but I'm going to find out, probably ask Layla, ya know, the alchemist."

"Good idea, now screw off, I'm doing something." Liam snapped.

Michael flushed, he never knew he liked being yelled and snapped at, no less by a guy.