✦ . KHARDIMIA: Ⅱ. ꒦꒷

khardimia: act ii.
꒷꒦ confrontations in palace walls 𓏲 ࣪₊༞

NOT UPDATED!!!

・୨・┈┈・୨ Ⅰ. ୧・┈┈・୧・

"Uwah! That's so cool..!"

I heard a small voice from behind. Once I turned to look, the figure went to hide behind a supportive pillar. I recognised the snowish blonde hair immediately — it was Citrine Thyre.

"Hm? Citrine? You can come out now!" I chuckled, getting up and facing where she was hiding.

Trembling, Citrine poked her head out, before eventually getting out of hiding. I waved for her to come closer, and she obeyed, walking over to me.

I kneeled back down, looking at the plant. It was quiet for a few moments, before "Lady Eris, that was impressive! How long have you been studying magic for?" Citrine finally spoke up, kneeling down beside me.

"Just an hour or so ago... I found this," I showed her the magic book filled with spells. It was velvet in colour, with few golden lining and the title 'Joruria: Spells and Magic' in cursive font on the cover. "I hope you don't mind me borrowing it for the few days I'll be staying over." I continued.

The shock on her face almost seemed a little too emotional. "You did that i–in an hour?!" she slightly yelled, holding her head. "Agh... Maybe it is just me that's the problem... I need to practise more..!" the girl scolded herself.

Maybe I should have said I've been practising for weeks... I've used magic in my past life, and it took me a week or two to get a hold of things correctly. Obviously, I still know how to use it, but not to the same extent as I used to.

"Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. It takes weeks to get a hold of magic!" I patted her back, "I just got lucky, that's all."

She sighed to herself, before nodding, tugging a small smile on her face.

"But..." she started, pausing for a moment. I nodded once, staying silent, letting her speak. "I've been practising for almost a month now, and I still can't..." the girl sighed, almost seeming embarrassed.

I only kept a small smile, "Why not hire a tutor?"

"Eris, can you tutor me?" she looked at me, eyes filled with determination.

Blinking for a moment, "...Hah?" I mumbled to myself, "I mean sure, but I'm not an expert..."

Citrine nodded, "That's... okay... I'll figure it out myself if you can't manage to help me." she answered. "Can you teach me that... that thing you just did..?" the girl asked.

First looking around to assure we were alone, "Sure!" I started, the snowish blonde's eyes lighting up in excitement.

"But promise me something first," her smile grew only smaller, but she kept quiet to listen, "You won't tell a soul that I know how to use magic."

Perhaps my tone of voice was a bit intimidating — Citrine's face paled, and she seemed rather afraid.

Quickly, "Pinky promise?" I smiled, changing the mood, holding out my right pinky.

She gulped, "Y–Yes. Rest assured, I won't tell anyone. I–I won't even tell myself..!" the girl replied, intertwining her pinkie with mine.

Oh dear, she still seems scared. Maybe being bipolar isn't an option with her.