❀ Promise! ❀

Continued...

Arjun was struggling to digest the fact that Roja had done so much for him.

She was writhing in pain and his heart pained too. He felt that. He rushed towards her immediately and laid her on his lap

"Roja, enna paaru. Enna paaru Roja, please"

She was bleeding heavily and his entire pearl white shirt was soaked in blood. Arjun didn't even notice his costume. Immediately he took her hand and checked the pulse which was dropping rapidly.

Roja was slowly losing her senses
Before she completely passed out, she held Arjun'a hand tightly.

"Ungala kaapathiten la. Athu pothum Enakku"

Arjun couldn't stop his tears. They flowed out like a waterfall.

"Ennakaga nee yean ivlo pannanum"
This one question kept haunting him.

By then , all the doctors had come up to  the stage.

One of them called the ambulance

Arjun was trying to stop her profusely bleeding head with his handkerchief but the blood wasn't stopping.

"She needs immediate medical attention. Ambulance ku laam wait panna vendam"
Saying this, Arjun lifted Roja in his arms and ran out.

Arjun gently made her lie on the back seat of his own car and then quickly brought the first aid box which he always kept in his car.

A few doctors anxiously followed him.
Arjun took a sterile gauze and gently dabbed all the blood. He found some glass pieces sticking there which he removed as slowly as he could. Then he put more layers of bandage and made her lie comfortably.

Then without wasting a second, he quickly started the car and took off like a rocket..

As he drove in panic, he felt some pricking pain in his heart which he couldn't explain. And he had never felt it before. He anxiously turned back every couple of minutes.

"Unakku ethuvume aagathu Roja. Naa ethuvum aaga vidave matten"

Hé didnt know the road ahead. All that was flashing in his head was Roja pushing him to save him and she swimming in a pool of blood back there at the venue. That made his heart sink to his stomach.

In a few minutes, he reached the hospital. As Roja was bleeding heavily inspite of the first aid Arjun gave, he didn't call or wait for any ward boy. He himself lifted her up and ran straight to the emergency ward.

He changed to his operation gown in no time. When he removed his blood stained blazer, a drop of tear automatically fell on the blazer.

The nurses began helping him to treat Roja. Meanwhile the other docs arrived too behind Arjun.

Arjun gave Roja an injection and did the basic treatment. But he knew that this was a severe head injury and a scan was needed to find out the extent of damage. An entire body X RAY was needed too. To diagnose the fractures. He immediately arranged for all of it. The other docs who had arrived behind Arjun enquired about her health.

A: Enakke theriyala doctor. Scan report vantha than theriyum. Appram than further course of treatment Ah decide panna mudiyum.

As he waited anxiously for the reports, he heard his phone ring.
It was his amma.

Shaking, ARJUN picked the call
"So..sollu..sollunga ma"