Who Do Black Lives Matter To?

"I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

-Harriet Tubman

Originally, I had a different paragraph written right here. After reading about #ShanquellaRobinson, I was outraged by the vicious assault by her so-called "friend". Her punching Shanquella brutally and Shanquella not being able to protect herself. I was appalled by the men... I meant "boys" who stood by and did absolutely nothing to stop the brutal attack on Shanquella, their "friend". Instead, you see her "friends" recording and you can hear one of the boys say, "Could you at least fight?" I was disgusted at the fact that Shanquella's "friends" left her in Mexico and went back to Charlotte, North Carolina, knowing what transpired and informed Shanquella's parents that their daughter died from "alcohol poisoning". Disgusting! Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza, and Opal Tometi, tell me, who do black lives matter to?

Say her name-- Shanquella Robinson!

"A 21-year-old woman was fatally shot inside a beauty salon Saturday night in the McElderry Park neighborhood of Southeast Baltimore.

Baltimore Police say they responded to the 200 block of N. Milton Ave. around 6:12 p.m. for a report of a shooting. Officers found the woman suffering from gunshot wounds to the head inside the Madam D Beauty Bar.

Court documents reveal a 21-year-old salon owner murdered Saturday feared for her safety after her business was broken into twelve days before her death." (Dec 21st, 2019)

Say her name- Destiny Harrison!

I see rioting for the police killing unarmed people of color. Yes, we are well aware of what would happen to JaQuon if he murders Lil Rell. JaQuon, if caught, tried and convicted, is going to prison. What about the cops murdering black people? What about cops murdering black gay people? What about--- Shut up! That is the problem with this current generation. Social media has become the news outlet and everything is taking as "facts" and not "opinion". We are so quick to allow the Media to paint the narrative for us and we never ask the question "is this the full picture?" But, say her name- Destiny Harrison. There was no rioting for Destiny Harrsion. There is no protest being held for Shanquella Robinson. There was no petitioning the government to help stop the violence overall, in the black community. There were no charitable donations given to Destiny Harrison's daughter. There were no attempts by celebrities nor government officials to keep her business opened. Again, who do Black Lives Matter to?

Look at the facts:

According to Statista.com- 

In 2017, 222 black people were killed by the police and 458 white people were killed by the police. 

2018, 228 black people were killed by the police and 459 white people were killed by the police.

 2019, 251 black people were killed by the police and 424 white people were killed by the police.

 2020, 243 black people were killed by the police and 459 white people were killed by the police.