A small confession.

"So." Doggie said, breathing in the fresh saltwater smell. Elephant has had a crush on Doggie since before she could remember. They've known each other since diapers, and knowing that such a small, handheld confession could throw years of trust and happiness right into the trash. "Doggie... I like you. I really, really do. Since we were kids I've had a major crush on you." Doggie was in shock, her mouth gaping at the sudden confession. "And, I know it's weird because we're both girls, but-" The golden dog hugged Elephant before the anxious girl could finish her sentence. "I love you too, Elephant. I really do, too. Stay with me. Forever, please." Elephant nodded and smiled. "I love you." They shared their small passionate hug as the sun dawned on the beach, the warmth slowly decreasing as they walk along the small sand grains. It was official. They were dating! They loved each other, so much. The way this story ends isn't what you'd expect. It isn't happy, it's wretched.
The years they've gone on to love never stopped, of course like any normal couple they fought, but it was never bad enough for one to fall out of love or for the two to break up. Four years of happiness, a year of engagement, nine months of marriage. They knew what they wanted. And they wanted a family. Two months after their marriage, they bought someone to surrogate for them as both of them were scared of pregnancy, or couldn't get pregnant. Thankfully, the surrogate was Doggie's sister, Dog. They asked her and she agreed! The following seven months of pregnancy went smooth, the baby and Dog were as healthy as a horse! But something happened. Something small, you'd never expect to ruin a life.